Korean BBQ Is a Matchmaker

••Fall Break••

"Let's get it . Schools out and there's a party at the beach tonight ." Me and Trish ran out of the school doors .

"It's gonna be cold man but it sounds fun ." We met up with Jared and The new boy Chris .

"Hey baby" Trish and Jared kissed each other and we all walked over to my jeep.

"It's a break bitches." Trish yelled outside of the car and I honked the horn twice while speeding off away from the horrid school .

Bands Bands Bands that's a check talking . Take off your pants pants pants ain't no time for talking . Watch me do my dance dance dance dance . Bands in my pocket .

Bands played through out my car as we drove to Korean BBQ .

"Aye turn that shit up." Chris yelled from the back seat .

We all sang along laughing and joking through the car ride until we pulled up at the Korean BBQ .

••

We hopped out the car and all walked into the restaurant.

"Oh shit we can go somewhere else if you want Kylie ." My smile faded once I seen Brody sitting at a table with a group of boys . It's been almost two months since we broke up and stopped talking . I was over it and didn't pay him much mind .

"Ain't no nigga going to push me out of my place period . The fuck" I walked up to the worker who was being nosey listening to our conversation .

"Wait why would we leave ? I'm confused" Chris questioned with his face scrunched up.

"Oh well see her ex is here and they ended things bad because sh-" Trish was just putting my business everywhere .

"Trish shut up yo . Yeah sorry for my friend Can we have a table for four please ." I gave a fake smile .

"Girl he can know if he wants . You acting all weird like it's not already known ." Trish was my bestie and all but she could get annoying at times .

"Yeah we actually have an available table right now follow me please ." The waiter led us to a booth in a closed off area .

"Thank you boo" I let Chris enter first next to me and then I sat down across from Jared and Trish .

"Don't be calling that nigga boo ." Jared scolded me .

"Boy shut up I'm just being polite ." I rolled my eyes and grabbed the menu glancing over it .

"Yeah whatever ." Trish and Jared started their own conversation and I sat there in silence while chris had his head in his phone . I don't really look at chris like he's anything more than a friend so I didn't mind sitting next to him .

"Whatchu ordering Kya." He called me Kya and I just called him CJ even though we've only known each other for about two weeks he was one of my close friends .

"I don't know . I'm gonna eat off of your plate anyways ." I laughed and he just mean mugged me .

"Um nah fam ." The waiter came back to the table and we ordered .

••

"That's was some good food and very much worth it ." Jared placed $60 on the table and waited to get his change .