Chapter 11 - They're Alive!

Jasper had just gotten out through the door but scraped his leg on the sharp door stopper and started crying in pain. Branch and Creek heard it and went to see it. And to their surprise, It was Jasper. "Oh Jasper sweetie! You're alive!" Branch said hugging the infant. Creek smiled. "OK Creek. I'm trusting you with Jasper. You wait here with him and I'll go find Poppy. Ok?" Branch explained. Creek nodded in agreement before Branch went in stealthily to find his wife. He walked through the kitchen and into the room where Chef was sleeping. He heard cried coming from a jar. It was Poppy's.He climbed up onto the table and whispered her name. "Psst! Poppy!" He whispered. her cries softened. "Brach?" She asked with a sad face. "Why are you gray?" Branch asked. "J-Jasper. He.. He was-" But before she could finish, Chef had woken up and saw Branch. "And what do you think you're doing?" She asked. Branch yelled as Chef's hand came into grab him. He pushed Poppy's jar off the table so that it would Break and she could escape once it hit the ground. He then knocked over a candle that set fire to the table mat before he jumped down himself, helped Poppy up and the 2 ran out of the hut. The fire spread quickly and Chef was trapped. Poppy and Branch were far enough so that they were safe from the fire. "Are you ok?" Branch asked. "No! Jasper-" Poppy was cut off. "Right! I gotta go get him! Wait here!" Branch said before running towards the fire. "Branch.... Branch Jasper is dead..." Poppy said quietly still crying. But Branch didn't hear. He ran back as fast as he could to find Creek. "You kept him safe. Thank you." Branch thanked before the 2 started running away from the burning hut. Until Branch was grabbed by Chef who had escaped. Branch dropped Jasper as he was picked up but Creek caught him. "Creek! Go! Take him back to Poppy! And tell her I love her!" Branch called out to Creek. "OK!" Creek yelled back before running. Chef let out an evil laugh. "If I'm going down, I'm taking someone she loves away from her." Chef said. But before she could eat Branch, he hut collapsed and fell right on her. Miraculously missing Branch. Creek ran as fast as he could to where Poppy was. "Poppy! Poppy! Jasper is alive!" Creek called to her. Her eyes lit up when she saw her baby. "Oh Jasper! Baby you're alive!" She said hugging him. "Where's Branch?!" She asked in horror. "I'm sorry Poppy. He... He didn't make it. He said he loves you." Creek broke the news to her. "No! No no no no! Why?!" She asked i anger and sadness. But then, out of nowhere. Branch came. "In the wise words of my father in law, I repeat them. NO TROLL LEFT BEHIND!" Branch said walking towards Poppy and Creek covered in Soot. "Branch! You're alive!" Poppy said hugging him along with Jasper. Creek watched from a distance and smiled. Poppy and Branch noticed him and then looked at each other. They nodded. "Get in here you." Branch said opening his arms before Creek smiled and joined the hug. They walked back to troll village and everyone cheered for the royal family and Creek.