Chapter 1: This isn't heaven...

******************

(A/N): Hello! Here's chapter 1!!! Yay! BTW pic of Jensen Ackles (Tate) on the side!!!

****************************

*Twelve days later*

Tate's POV

I bolted up right in bed, looking around. I heard a beeping noise coming from behind me, and I realized I was in a hospital.

Suddenly, the door opened, revealing my best friends, Alpha Lyalls (who I just called Drew) and his mate Lexi. Huge smiles were on their faces when they noticed I was awake.

"Tate! Holy crap, you're alive!" Lexi shrieked, running over to hug me, and I hugged her back. That's when I noticed I was only wearing shorts. I quickly pulled the sheet over my chest.

"Dude, when are you going to realize your scars are nothing to be embarrassed of?" Drew asked.

"As soon as I can forget all the teasing I had to go through." I replied somewhat harshly. That shut Drew up. He knew how painful growing up with my scars had been. I mean, he should. He's one of the people who had made fun of me.

I got the scars from my father as a pup. You see, when my mother was pregnant with me, vampires attacked the pack. While my father was off fighting, my mother got attacked. And when they finally got her to the hospital, they could only save one of us. My mother gave up her life for me, and my father never forgave me for killing his mate.  He kept blaming me, and one day, I started to believe him. I still do.

"Why am I still here?" I asked.

Lexi and Drew gave me incredulous looks. "You've been asleep for twelve days, Tate." Lexi answered.

"No. I mean why am I still alive?" I asked, almost regretfully.

Lexi looked at me with a sad expression on her face. Then she pulled me out of bed and stood me infront of the mirror on the door.

The first thing I noticed was my eyes.

What the hell? I thought as I leaned in for a closer look. They were no longer my green eyes, they had turned blue.

"That's not all. Look at your shoulder." Drew said. And sure enough, three claw marks ran down my shoulder cap.

"Great, more scars." I mumbled. Drew gave me a look.

"Tate, do you not know what that means?!?" He asked.

"No. Why should I?" I asked. "I mean, it just adds to the embarrassment."

Lexi looked at me in pity. "You've been Marked Tate! No wolf has had such a huge honor in centuries! It is nothing to be ashamed of." She said.

"But why me? The Wolf Spirits know I don't deserve this! Not after what happened to Blair!" I yelled. Drew got in front of Lexi instinctively. His normally blue eyes became gold. Only the Alpha's eyes changed colors, of course with the exception of me though.

"Calm down Tate!" Drew commanded, the Alpha power slipping through just a little bit. "No one blames you for her death!"

Pain filled my heart. Just thinking about Blair dying brought overpowering emotions through me. She had been my mate before she was killed by a Rogue, a little over three years ago. And the worst part about it was that I couldn't have stopped it no matter what I did, I was out of state when I felt her dying. When I got back and confirmed her death, I vowed I would avenge her. And even after I promised that, I still drank every night, all the while cursing my werewolf genes for not letting me get drunk enough to die.