Chapter 6: Exciting News

***************************

(A/N): Hi! Sorry I haven't updated in such a long time! School hates me. Here's the sixth chapter! BTW... Pic of Blair's GORGEOUS ring... on the side... ===>

*******************************

Tate's POV

Well, it was finally the day after tomorrow. We were completely packed and ready to go to some distant, unknown territory where I would constantly be on my guard. And as a bonus, my silver wound had finally healed, leaving me with a brand new scar.

Just wonderful... I thought as I put on my shirt.

I walked out of my room and opened the closet, grabbing the tiny box with the ring in it. Then I put it in my suitcase and covered it up with my socks, so Blair wouldn't find it. My mind has been raising for the past day, thinking about how she's going to react when I propose. I smiled as I thought of her freaking out and calling Lexi.

I heard the front door slam shut and I walked out of my room again to find Blair, just getting back from helping Lexi with the new baby's room. They decided to paint it green because they didn't know what the gender of the baby was. They wanted to keep it a suprise.

She smiled when she saw me. "Hey. Are you done packing?" She asked.

I nodded and went to go get our suitcases.

Blair went to grab hers but I shook my head and took it from her, making her roll her eyes. I grinned at her as we walked into the hallway.

A few minutes later, we were done putting our stuff in the car when Lexi and Drew came out of the Pack House.

"Be safe you guys." Lexi said as she went to hug Blair.

"Don't worry... We'll be fine." Blair told her.

Lexi smiled and went to stand by Drew, who put his arm around her waist. They waved to us as we drove off.

********************

Ten, LONG hours later, we were finally there. By now, it was dark and Blair was sleeping. As I turned the corner, I looked at her and smiled at how adorable she looked. Her hair was all ruffled and she smiled as she shifted under my jacket.

I yawned as I pulled up to a guard station. The territory guard there looked like he was about to fall asleep.

Wow. Great security... I thought, chuckling to myself.

"Hey!" I yelled. His head perked up instantly and he stood up, clearly frightened. I chuckled again.

"Wha-. What do you, um, want." He stammered, rubbing his eye. "I mean, what business do you have in this territory?"

"We're guests of your Alpha." I replied.

"Name?" He said, yawning as he got out his clipboard.

"Beta Tate Matthews and my mate Blair Westen." I said, getting bored.

He suddenly looked up from his clipboard. "Wait. Westen? Blair Westen? You're her mate?" He asked.

 I gave him a confused look. "Yes, I am. Is there a problem with that?" I asked, daring him to say the wrong thing.

"Uh, no. No problem. Go on in, Marrok's been expecting you." He said, waving us in.

I found it strange he referred to his Alpha by name, but I ignored it and drove down the path to the Pack House... Or Pack Mansion.