four: jack

My eyes fluttered open to the sight of finn's face inches away from mine. Way to close. I quickly jerked my head back, not realizing that there was a table behind me. I shrieked in pain, waking up finn in the process.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" He panicked.

"I'm fine. I just hit my head on the table because im so fucking clumsy," i rubbed the back of my head.

"Are you sure you're okay," he asked again.

"Yes finn." I said.

He nodded and stood up from the bed. I had never realized how tall he was until that moment.

He was probably a good head taller than me.

So much for getting my moms short genes.

I reached for my phone to check the time. 8:45. My dad was out on his morning run.

"Do you want anything to eat? My dad won't be home for a while." I asked him as I pushed myself to my feet.

As if on cue, a big growl came from his stomach. I giggled a little bit and he smiled.

"Well, I guess so," he chucked and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Cereal good?"

"Sure" he shrugged.

I walked in to the kitchen with Finn following close behind, and got him a bowl of cereal.

After watching him choke it down, he got a notification on his phone:

"Shit. Shit. Shit." He screamed.

"What? What's wrong,"

"I'm totally late for filming," he picked up his bowl and brought it to the sink. Then rushed into my room to get his clothes and change in the bathroom.

After about 30 seconds he came out. And started walking to the door of my apartment.

He turned back around before he opened the door.

"Bye y/n. Thanks for everything." He embraced me in an awkward hug I and I managed to say you're welcome, before he left out the door to who knows where.

I went to school the next day and told Amelia everything. She was shocked at first, but I left out the part of us sleeping in the same bed, because she would have freaked out. She actually told me that I should get to know him better. but he was famous so i didn't really have a chance with him. I decided it would've best to just move on because there was no way I would ever see him again. I was lucky that I got to meet him twice. Three times is just pushing it.

I walked through the doors of the cafeteria and scanned the room for Amelia. I spotted her sitting at our regular table giggling at her phone and then texting someone. I walked over to her.

"Who are you texting," i asked and tried to peek over her shoulder.

"No one," she giggled and turned her phone over so I wouldn't be able to see.

I shrugged and sat down across from her.

"Ok.ok. If you must know, it's a guy I've been talking to for a while. He's really cute and funny." She said, daydreaming a little.

"Whats his name?" I asked.

"Jack. He accidentally texted the wrong number and we've been talking ever since. He says he wants to meet me soon."

"How do you know he's not some pervy old man?" I took a bite of the gross salad on my plate. How does the cafeteria even call this food. It looks and tastes like shit.

"Because I just know," she replied.

I shrugged. Her boys were her problem. It seemed like every week there was a new guy she was crushing on or talking to. It never worked out though. And I've gotten used to comforting her when it doesn't.

Just then her phone rang again and she squealed.

"Hey y/n...?" She definitely wanted something.

"What?" I asked harshly.

"So jack wants to meet me tonight and he said he's going to bring a friend and that I should bring one too. So will you come?"

I really wanted to say no and lie that I was busy with homework, but she looked so desperate and hopeful. And she hadn't even gotten this far with a guy in a very long time. Usually they just stoped talking to her after a day and told her to fuck off.

"Do I have to?" I wined.

"Yes you do," she said.

"Fine," I sighed.

"Oh my god. oh my god. Thank you so much. I love you." She jumped out of her seat and went to hug me.

I just hoped that this wouldn't turn into one of those awkward situations where her and jack are off being like a couple, and I'm stuck with the friend, trying to make awkward conversation.

"Wear something nice. I'll pick you up at 8. We're going to the fair." she said as she returned to her seat.

After school i went home and chilled for a couple hours. Once it was 6:00 i started to get ready.

I picked out some black jean shorts, and a sheer black top with a black bralette underneath. Then i did my make up. I only did a natural make up look, and put my hair in loose curls. I slipped some shoes on and grabbed my purse before I heard a knock on my door.

It was only 6:45 so I knew it wasn't Amelia. Plus she was always running late.
I opened the door to see the person that I was least expecting to be there.

"Oh, its you"