What if?

Chapter 1

Maria Gilbert did not look as lady-like a her mother wished she looked at all times, with her hair sticking out of her complicated up do, the hem of her dress covered in mud, and she herself was giggling, carefree, as she and her best friend, Damon, were playing catcher. Damon's younger brother sat at a table on the Salvatore Mansion's back porch, with Elena, Maria's older sister. The two of them watched with amusement as their siblings played. Elena's grin soon turned into a hard line as she watched her sister fall face fist into the ground. She got up, soon followed by Stefan to help Damon aiding Maria.

"Maria! Are you well?" asked Elena, looking her sister up and down, searching for any possible injuries.

"I am fine sister, you do not have to worry about me." Her sister answered promptly, brushing off the dust on her sea-blue corset, Damon's favourite, because, his words it complimented her eyes beautifully.

"You might be fine, but look at that dress! Mother is not going to be happy about that.

Maria looked down at herself, she saw an enormous rip going from the bottom of her dress to her mid thigh. She looked up to see Damon smirking at her, and blushed. She frowned. Her sister was right, their mother would not be happy about it.

A/N: Sooo, what did you think of the first chapter?? if you liked it make sure you comment and vote and follow me, and pleeeaase share my story :)

By the way, if anyone would like to make a cover for my story, I would really appreciate it. just leave a comment or message me saying you would like to do it

Goodbye :)))