Chapter 25

Prince Gumball's POV

I was so angry, I couldn't even look at him. My tears pooled up in my eyes, but I didn't dare let them fall. I can't believe he would do this to me. He was completely healthy!

I had finished up my work in the hospital, caring for a Candy Child with a nasty flu. I sighed and pulled off my gloves and washed my hands. Time for a shower. I made my way down the long hallway and up the stairs to my room. Sometimes, I hated how big this castle was.

I walked into my bedroom to find Marshall Lee sleeping on my side of the bed. I looked closer, and he was wearing my pajamas! I sighed and walked up to him. I ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead. I couldn't stay mad at him forever. I got up to get my shower.

I started the water and took my clothes off, getting under the hot water. I couldn't stop thinking about Marshall and Fiona. She shouldn't be on top of him. I should! Marshall should have stopped her. I can't believe he tried to lie to me. Maybe, he wasn't lying? He was completely healthy, though!

I felt my tears pool up again. I was so frustrated. I loved him so much, but he was constantly getting into trouble with her. I have caught them together so many times, I don't know why I stay with him.

Why do I even love him? What makes me so attracted to him? He annoyed me and angered me. Well, I can't forget the way he looks into my eyes and smiles at me. He has a good heart, but I'm not so sure anymore if it's mine.

I sighed and turned the water off. I dried off with my towel and pulled a pair of underwear on. I took a deep breath, finally ready to talk to Marshall Lee.

I hung up my towel and walked to my bedroom. Marshall was still asleep, and his face was red. He had been bawling, before. I felt a bit bad. I was always harsh with him, the poor baby.

I sat down on the bed, next to him. I put my hand on his shoulder and gently shook him awake.

"Mmm..hmm?" He groaned and opened his eyes. "Gumball?"

"We need to talk," I said.

"About what?" he asked me.

"Just, I think we need a break," I said.

"What? B-but.. but I.. but.." he stuttered.

"I'm always catching you with Fiona. I love you, but I'm starting to think you aren't messing around with her on accident," I said.

"Gumball, I don't want Fiona! I want you! I want my sweet Gummy Bear! D-don't leave me," he said, tears slipping down his face.

"Marshall, I just don't think I can take your lies anymore," I said.

"I'm not lying, Gumball. You have to believe me! There is something wrong, something that makes me do things I don't want to do, and I can't stop it! Think about it! I fainted, I kissed Fiona, and I couldn't feel my hands," he said, crying harder.

"Marshall, I'm just not sure," I said.

"G-Gumball, look at m-me," he said, bawling. He cupped his hands over my face and made me look into his watery eyes.

"I l-love you more t-than anything in this w-world," he stuttered. "I n-never want to l-lose you."

"You're t-telling the truth," I said, beginning to cry.

"I have b-been, all along, my S-Sweets," he stuttered.

I leaned in and kissed him hard. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself into his lap.

"I.. will never.. leave you.. alone," I mumbled between kisses.

"Never ever go," he mumbled and kissed me harder. I had to pull away, out of breath.

"We need to figure out what's happening to you," I said.

"I'm scared, Gumball. What if I do things that hurt you?" he asked.

"I will always be here, and I will never leave you all alone," I said.

"Gumball, kiss me," he whined.

"Wait awhile, Marshmallow," I said and kissed his forehead.

"I love you so much," he whined.

"I love you too," I said and hugged him.

"Please, help me. I don't want to hurt you anymore," he begged.

"I'll figure it out, I promise," I told him and kissed his ear.

"Do you want to go out?" he asked me. Perfect, this would be the first time we ever went out together in public.

"Ballroom dancing, my love?" I asked him.

"I would love to!" he said happily. Finally, a sweet dance with Marshall. Dancing in his living room was still fun, but I wanted to have that whole fairy tale feeling.

I went to the closet to change into my tuxedo. I had a lot of them, but my favorite was my white one with a big, lavender bow tie. Marshall's tuxedo was completely black, and he wore a white bow tie.

I washed him brush out his hair and smiled. I put my crown on and took a look in the mirror. Happy with my appearance, I walked up to Marshall and gave him a hug from behind.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

I nodded and stood on my tip toes to give him a kiss on the cheek. He took my hand and escorted me out of my room and down the hallway. I was so incredibly happy to be open with him, now. Everyone could finally see us together.

We were stared at, but I expected that. A lot of people watched with a smile. Acceptance was everything I wanted. I can't ask for anything else. Marshall and I left the castle through the front door.

Marshall let go of my hand and put his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer. He kissed my forehead softly. I smiled and put my arm around his waist. I ended up laughing for no reason.

"What's so funny, Gummy Bear?" Marshall asked me.

"Nothing, I'm just so incredibly happy to be here with you, going out to dance, in front of people who accept us," I said and smiled.

"Me too, my Sweets. Me too," he said and kissed me softly.