iii

Chapter 3 ;
                Midnight Talks

☼Aurora☼

*bold means Ashton's texts, italic is Aurora's texts.*

Soft snores weren't the only things keeping her up later on that night, but searching for the right fabric for her sewing machine was also stressing. Her budget was reasonable but not very high, another thing to be aware of.

She huffed, looking at the corner of her laptop for the time. 2:34 a.m. Careful not to wake anyone, Aurora slid the curtain open and shut her laptop. Sliding out of the bed quietly, she grabbed her laptop and walked out to the living area, shutting the door behind her carefully.

Her finger flipped the overhead stove light, so that there was minimal light, but enough to make tea. While she waited for the water to boil, Rory sat down at the table and chewed on some cookies from the pantry. Her finger stroked against the pad on her laptop, searching.

'@RoaryAtkin: can't sleep, too much to do in so little time :'( so stressed!'

The tweet sent out and she locked her phone back up with a sigh. Only two more fabrics, two. Her eyes drifted across the screen, searching through rows and rows of useless fabric. Her phone vibrated when she got up to pour herself some tea, turning the dial on the stove.

Rory poured herself a cup and set the kettle down, walking back to the table and sitting down. Her finger tapped the home button, the light from her phone blinding her momentarily -- until she turned the brightness down.

Twitter:

'@Ashton5SOS:'@RoaryAtkin my situation is jetlag'

Aurora's brows furrowed, a smile creeping onto her lips. She unlocked her phone, going to iMessage.

To: Ashton

where are you?

Her eyes stared at the screen, seeing that it delivered. Her lips wrapped around another cookie, smiling as it said he read the message only two minutes later.

Aurora watched the little chat bubble pop up, biting her lip and setting her laptop on sleep mode.

i'm at the front of the bus why?

Aurora wiped her fingers on a napkin before typing out a reply.

you tweeted me and i didn't know you were up. & im bored and in the kitchen, haha

Once it delivered, Ashton had already read it.

omw

Aurora laughs softly at the reply, shaking her head. She locked her phone and started on her laptop again, sipping on her tea. The door slowly opened, the shadow of a head popping through the crack. "Hey," Ashton whispered, smiling at Aurora. The girl waved, standing up and grabbing more cookies.

"What're you up to?" His voice remained hushed, walking closer and hovering over her. Rory pulled her messy hair into a ponytail and pointed to her laptop. "I need to order fabrics." she sighed, watching Ashton walk to the table and slide in.

Rory set the cookies between them, taking a seat next to Ashton and sipping more tea as she scrolled through the site. The pile of papers beside the laptop were copies of her sketches, another checklist type thing she did.