i

Chapter 1 ;
                Introduction

The hot June breeze kissed against her bare legs, her chest slowly rising at the deep intake of the missed London air.

The lass yawned, jogging down the staircase unsteadily. Her family wasn't far behind, though her mother scolded her for not waiting up.

✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

My fingers curled around my large suitcase, pulling it off the conveyer belt. My parents did the same, my baby sister holding onto my thigh while we all waited.

"Look for our last name," Mum requested softly, to which I nodded in reply. I wrapped my hand around my sisters wrist, dragging her slightly to look at the names.

After a few moments;

"Rory!"

I turned around, smiling at the person who sounded vaguely familiar. I walked closer, letting go of my sisters arm as she ran towards the male.

"Harry!" she called, arms up in the air. Harry chuckled and looked to Zayn, who held the sign 'Atkin', my last name.

Harry happily had Lux scooped up in his arms, smiling happily. "Louise!" the only blonde and Irish male there called, looking to my mum.

"Niall!" she squeaked back, tattooed arms wrapping around him. I sighed, smiling at Zayn who had his arms wide open for me.

"Hey, Zayner." I hummed, wrapping my arms around him, before hugging the rest of One Direction.

After a bit of a family reunion at the airport, all of us got into the large black vehicle that they arrived in.

I helped load things into the trunk, smiling at my dad and hurrying into the car.

Conversation sparked quickly, chatting and making up on lost time. The last time I saw these five I was seventeen, and my mum went on tour with them for the year.

I was happy to be with my mum, dad and Lux. I was a trainee hairstylist, mum started teaching me when I turned seventeen. Now, I've had two years worth of experience, I have confidence and I even spoke to Modest!.

"So, Lou," Zayn started. "Rory is doing 5SOS' hair right? Is that why she has her own kit and stuff?" he asked, and my face scrunched.

Who the hell is 5SOS?

"Wait, that's a great idea, actually." my mum replied, and all attention was suddenly on me.

"Wait, what? Mum, I thought I was helping you," I confusedly mumbled, licking my lower lip. "With them..."

"5SOS is the band thats opens for them, Rory. If you wanted to you could do their hair all by yourself, and I'll work with them," Mum gestures to the five boys "You don't have to lo-"

"Yes. That'll be awesome, mum yes," I grinned, chewing my lip and looking to the boys.

"We'll have to introduce you first, of course!" Louis chirped, smiling happily.

"And call Modest!, they'll need to know." Liam mumbled, nodding.

"Sounds like a plan, yeah, awesome!" I exclaimed, nodding excitedly.

And I thought things couldn't get better.

But I was proven wrong.

✯ ✯ ✯