Mr. Neumann

I heard someone knock on the door. Man, they're really persistent. They've been knocking on my door for 5 minutes already. Won't they give it a rest?!

"Mr. Neumann, I know you're in there! Let us in. We just want to have a few words with you."

This doesn't look good. I need to let them in before they really try and force the door open.

I went and opened the door. I saw two men wearing decent clothes whose probably from the A. R. C.

"Thank you for letting us in. We just want to talk about some violations you have."

"What?! And?! What violations do I even have?," I impulsively asked.

The second guy spoke and said,

"Mr. Neumann, we are aware that you are entering a restricted area at times. We would like you to refrain from doing so, otherwise, we would be forced to apprehend you."

"What?! BUT THAT'S PART OF MY FAMILY'S PROPERTY!," I shouted at him.

"Philip, that's not how you talk to someone like him. Let me handle this, so just stay silent."

"Sorry, Mr. Sagar," the second guy said as he scratched his head.

"Mr. Neumann, while we are aware that the area belongs to the hands of your bloodline, the Admins recommended that all areas that were part of the 'Decommission' be thoroughly examined before letting anyone in it."

"Mr. Sagar, is it? I admit I went into the area several times, but finding the treasure that my grandfather left me is important to me. I also don't notice anything odd inside the area," I replied.

"We would still recommend it that you don't go in there as much as possible, Mr. Neumann," Sagar said.

"Of course," I replied in return.

"Well, we shall now take our leave. Thank you for your time. Let's go, Philip."

*Sighs*

They're finally gone. Argh. This is really hard. They know I went into the area. This must mean that they've been investigating my movements within it, as well.

Being an Archeologist is hard. Most treasures are in those areas where we aren't allowed to look. However, because you know there's a possibility of a valuable material hidden, you will keep searching for ways to get through it.

I'll continue excavating later. I'm not sure if they know when I'm there, but I'll give it a try.

After a few more hours, I decided to go back to the area again. I grabbed my car key and drove there.

I continued excavating into the area, and a few minutes after, I heard a sound. I heard an unusual sound in the area. I followed that unfamiliar sound.

After awhile, I didn't hear it. I hid very well as pre-caution. I heard it again, but this time, it feels like it's close. I heard it again and again. At the same time, I heard a helicopter from above. Deep inside, I thought, "I just hope that those aren't the A. R. C. basta**s".

Before I could even look up at the sky to see the helicopter, something smacked me.

*Sirens*

"How's the patient?"

"Needs immediate treatment!"

I can't remember anything. Urgh. What is happening? My eyes are blurry, and my right arm kind of hurts. I don't know what just happened. I fainted shortly as a result of exhaustion.

The next time I woke up, I heard two people speaking.

"What's the patient's situation?"

"He's still not gaining consciousness. However, the operation was successful and vital signs are stable."

I opened my eyes slowly but surely. I slowly sat down only to see that I'm in a place which probably looks like a medical room. I saw two people. One is the medical staff, and the other one is Sagar.

"He's awake!" the medical staff said in excitement

What is this unsettling feeling? And why can't I see well through my right eye? As I moved my arm, I heard the sound of metal, and I saw something very terrifying.

"You!... My right arm... What have you done to me!!,"I yelled in distress.

ARGHHH! I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.

"Detection: Patient emotion unstable. Treatment: Sedative Injection
Dosage: 15%"

.........

The next thing I knew, I'm at a detention center. I slowly got up. I still feel a little dizzy. Omg. This prosthetic arm is just annoying.

A few seconds past, the electronic door opened.

"Greetings, Mr. Neumann. We meet again."

"What do you want now, Sagar?"

"No honorifics, eh?"

"Anyway, I'm just here to splice a deal with you"

"What deal?" I asked him.

"Given the situation right now you might really go to prison. Unless, of course, you accept my deal."

"Deal? Do you really think I would accept something as absurd as that?"

"Mr. Neumann, let me explain. Given your situation right now, it is highly likely that you will go to prison. You violated the ARC Code 3 Section 13 Clause 4 which states that a civilian trespassing into an area that has been locked by the A. R. C. may be charged by the admins by a minimum of $100,000 with 1 year inprisonment."

"The deal is, you will be freed of your charges, however you will need to work as the new advisor in A. R. C. With your talents and intelligence plus the advancements and equipments we have, you can do a lot of research."

"Hmm, I see your point. Can you just please give me 5 minutes?," I asked him.

He dropped a heavy sigh and said,

"Alright. Just five minutes."

He went out and I thought to myself that he actually made a good point. Omg. What am I gonna do?

Five minutes have passed and I finally made my choice.

*Electronic door opens*

"I believe you've made your choice, Mr. Neumann."

"Indeed, I have. I accept the offer."

"Oh, just that?," he said with a surprised face.

"I thought you would be more with an attitude that shows you're not into this."

"Don't be like that. Despite what people may say about me, I'm still a logical person. I'll choose according to what I see fit. Oh, and it's 'Dr.' Neumann, if I may add," I said to him openly.

"Ok, then. That ends our meeting. I'll arrange everything shortly for you."

After the meeting, he stood up, went out the room, and the electronic door closed. I sat and just wandered around my mind.

Two days after, I became an advisor in the A. R. C. and even with my prosthetic right arm, I know I will still be able to accomplish a lot of things.

Next Chapter: Æsir-fest