Chapter 1

"Well it looks like you have one healthy baby boy!" The doctor laughed, putting emphasis on 'one'.

"Thank god!" I sighed as Matthew squeezed my hand a little tighter than he was.

"Finally a boy!" Matthew laughed as the girls started to join in.

"Alyna! Violet! You wanna see your baby brother?" I smiled as the girls climbed up on a chair to look at one of the sonogram pictures that the doctor had handed me.

(The girls are exactly 11 months old and are starting to learn how to talk and climb. They can stand dependently against something like a table or a wall, and are working on walking independently)

"Baby!" Violet yelled and pointed at the picture.

"Yes, baby!" I laughed as Alyna pouted that she hadn't spoken the word first.

She rubbed her eyes as she leaned onto Matthew.

He picked her up and carried her around as she laid her head on his shoulder and slowly shut her eyes.

We put the girls into their carriers in the car and then drove out of the parking lot.

"So I had an idea." I started.

"And that is...." Matthew said.

"We have to come up with some kind of quirky way to announce him." I smiled and looked down at my stomach.

"So what did you have in mind?" he asked.

"Well...."

----------------------------------------------

"Alyna, please cooperate!" I yelled as Alyna started crawling towards me.

"Girls! Please let us take one picture!" Matthew said as the girls sat back down.

The girls were each wearing blue onesies that said either 'baby' or 'boy' and they each had a blue balloon tied to their wrist.

Alyna started laughing when she discovered that the balloon moved as her hand moved, and Violet wouldn't sit still.

When we finally sat them both down, Matthew took the picture.

"Well, good enough. I told you iPhone cameras were sucky." he laughed as I punched him on the arm.

I took the phone as the girls waddled behind us, walking inside.

It was time for their dinner so Matthew fed them as I uploaded the picture to Facebook.

'Here we go again! Bring on Number 3!' Was the caption I placed under the picture, as I posted it.

"Mama!" I heard Violet scream from the other room, as I dropped my phone to help Matt feed the girls.