Chapter 1: Meet 'n' Greet

A ray of sunlight managed to slip its way through the small gap between the dark purple curtains, landing directly on Taehyung's closed eyelids

A ray of sunlight managed to slip its way through the small gap between the dark purple curtains, landing directly on Taehyung's closed eyelids. He furrowed his eyebrows, flipping over to his left side and pulling his covers over his face.

As he did, he felt something crumply below his stomach. He blinked, opening his eyes halfway. The brunette sat up and ruffled his hair, then turned to the creased Pikachu mattress cover. Through his blurry vision he could make out something solid white on top of the yellow fabric, even with the little light that lit up the room.

Taehyung cocked his head to the side, confused. 'I don't remember that being there...' he thought to himself. He got up on his knees and reached for his pair of thick, black-rimmed glasses. He unfolded them, slipping them on, then he turned back to the mysterious white object.

It was a folded piece of paper. Taehyung grabbed it and opened it quickly, curious to know what it was about. Despite the poor lighting, the boy managed to read it out clearly.

Dear hyung,

I want you to know that whatever happens, make peace. If you see two people arguing, for example, make peace. Remember this because it will take you a long way.

What is this letter for? Well you'll find out soon. Carry out your morning routine, you'll find more of these. Every clue I will give you counts, and some have a deeper meaning to it.

Whoever you've got with you, work together with them. I BEG you, work together. Make peace.

I trust you on this mission, hyung, even if you don't know what it's about. If you think this is a game, try not to. And remember:

Make peace.

~Your Favourite Roommate <3

Taehyung blinked in confusion. His favourite roommate? Jungkook? He put the note aside and hopped out of bed. 'Ermm... I guess I'll just... draw the curtains?' He bit the inside of his cheek, walking over to his window. The boy drew the curtains open, letting the blinding sunlight sink in and fill the bedroom. Taehyung squinted, trying to adjust himself to the sudden wave of brightness.

He fitted the curtains to their side-holders, as always, not even needing to look at them to do so. Taehyung was starting to think that the note from Jungkook was probably just a prank, but feeling another piece of paper made him think otherwise. He jerked his head to his right hand, which was holding the end of the smooth purple fabric, as well as a piece of paper which was taped on neatly.