Chapter 5: We're Going On A Trip

"All set?" Jin called as he released the handbrake on the minivan

"Yeah!" The other five boys chimed in reply. Jin released the foot brake slowly and drove out of Taehyung's carpark, manoeuvring around the other cars that started to occupy the spaces.

First, the boys went to the nearest petrol station to get some food and necessities for the trip. Namjoon went to fetch some water and snacks while Yoongi was in charge of getting... well he was supposed to get the snacks too but he decided to buy some blankets and two pillows.

"Hyung... snacks... not comfortable sleeping thingssss..." Namjoon groaned when they met up in the little store after getting what they needed.

"You never know when you need them," Yoongi shrugged, putting his mini shopping basket onto the counter. The peach-haired boy decided not to judge him, doing the same with his basket.

"Any petrol?" the man behind the counter asked, his face expressionless as he scanned the items one by one.

"No," Yoongi replied.

"Yes," Namjoon said at the same time. The two looked at each other. The man, unamused, put the items into plastic bags.

The younger boy nodded quickly. "Yes yes. Petrol at" —Namjoon glanced out of the glass wall, at the car— "number 15." The cashier nodded, tapping on his screen.

"That would be ₩67,000."

Namjoon quickly handed two notes, getting change in return and a receipt. Yoongi grabbed hold of one of the plastic bags and walked briskly out of the store with the peach-haired boy tailing him.

As soon as they reached the car, Jin had the same reaction as his counterpart. "What's with the pillows?" The others were confused too.

"I think it's best not to judge Yoongi-hyung," Hoseok said, already aware of the blue-haired boy's mentality.

Taehyung had to scoot over to him so that Yoongi could fold the seat down to sit at the back with Jimin, and Namjoon decided to stay with Jin up front. Although the redhead still wasn't on good terms with his ex-best friend, he had to resist his urge to push Taehyung off.

Yoongi pulled the seat back so Taehyung could sit down properly again, then started unpacking the bought items.

The boys decided to make the middle seating row a sort of 'kitchen' where they could grab food and water during the trip. Then the back was set up by the blue-haired boy, nice and cozy with pillows and blankets to create a nice resting corner.

Up front, the driver, Jin, had to stay focused —while eating, of course— and Namjoon would prevent him from falling asleep if it were to happen. Hoseok and Taehyung would be in charge of handing out the snacks while keeping track of where they were going.