Chapter 3: Step On It

The boys walked as quickly as they could from Taehyung's house to the address, despite Yoongi complaining about how tired he was

The boys walked as quickly as they could from Taehyung's house to the address, despite Yoongi complaining about how tired he was. Their journey was quiet, only bits of conversation and the GPS' voice present.

As they came closer to the location, Jin found the location quite familiar. "Guys," he called, making the other five boys turn to him. "Isn't this his brother's apartment?" The raven-haired boy pointed to the building they were approaching.

Hoseok cocked his head to the side, taking in the view until realisation hit him. "Yeah! He has to be here."

Taehyung bit the inside of his cheek and pushed up his glasses to get a clearer view of the building. "We never know, Hobi-hyung," he said, earning an eye-roll from the redhead. "It doesn't sound like this'll stop just yet."

"What would you know, alien?" the older boy scoffed.

The brunette ignored him and returned his focus to where they were going. Seconds later, the unnaturally calm voice in Namjoon's GPS broke the silence. "You have arrived at your destination."

"I think we should go up to Joseom hyung's, ask him what's up with Jungkook," Namjoon suggested, pushing open the door to the lift lobby. He held it for everyone to enter then released the metal handle, letting the door swing shut.

"Yeah," Jimin chirped and pressed the button to call for a lift. Seconds later, one of the four doors opened, letting the sextet in. The elevator ride was more silent than their walk, the street noises and sounds of life absent. All they could hear was their soft breathing.

Soon enough they stopped at level 8 of the apartment building, the doors opening again. They stepped out and headed straight for Jungkook's brother, Joseom's apartment. Their footsteps thudded against the concrete floor as they made their way to the end of one of the corridors as briskly as possible.

Yoongi skipped up to the brown oak door, knocking it thrice. The others stood by him, waiting for the owner to open the front door and let them in. Soon enough, it flung open, revealing an orange-haired boy in a blue sweater and pyjama pants.

"Annyeong, Joseom-hy-"

"Come on, get in quickly!" Joseom cut Taehyung off and ushered them in. He closed the door hurriedly and jogged to the living room. The six boys were confused, but they decided to just follow the eldest.

"Hyung, what's going on?" Jin questioned, concerned. Joseom got them to sit down in the little living room. He sighed, looking up.

"Jungkook's having another one of his schemes," the boy said, picking up a teapot that had been placed on the coffee table. He started pouring tea into seven teacups that were laid out carefully and neatly for the guests. "I can't tell you guys what's going on. It's too hard to explain. But here's your next clue."

Joseom went over to a bookshelf and pulled out two cream-coloured envelopes. "Jungkook wants you to piece these puzzles together. When you're done, tape it together and then turn in around. There's your clue." He passed one envelope to Yoongi and the other to Hoseok, then reached into his sweater pocket and took out a small roll of tape.