21.

As I watched the other boys play in the ocean, I held Baekhyun tightly to me as I ran my hands through his hair.  His tears streaked down my skin and got absorbed into my clothes.  Eventually, the sun set on the horizon and the moon painted the black ocean.  The stars twinkled brightly above us and a grin curved on my face.

                I heard Baekhyun’s cries subside and his weight on me deepened.  Looking down, I saw that his eyes were closed and his breathing was slow and even.  My hand caressed his cheek as he pressed himself closer to my steady beating heart.  Baekhyun fell asleep crying, and it’s quite a beautiful sight.

                Chanyeol was the first one to return, and he was surprised to see Baekhyun asleep.  I glared at him to not wake Baekhyun up, and he reluctantly agreed.  Chanyeol called for Minseok to help carry Baekhyun back inside the beach house, and I let them take Baekhyun from my arms.  A weird feeling crept itself to my arm and I realized that my arm fell asleep.  Shaking my arm, I grabbed my belongings and I saw Jongdae grab Baekhyun’s.

                I guess tonight has come to an end.

                Once inside the beach house, I changed into my pajamas and headed back into the living room.  Baekhyun was fast asleep on our bed and I’m not quite tired yet since I fell asleep on our way here.  In the living room I only saw Luhan and Yifan who were busy conversing in Chinese.

                “Hey guys,” I greeted them plainly.  Two pairs of us looked up at me in surprise which soon softened to their normal expressions.

                “’sup Dara,” Yifan greeted and Luhan nodded.  I took a seat across from them, tucking my legs underneath me.  I watched Luhan open his mouth but quickly close it, averting his gaze elsewhere as if he was thinking of what to say.  I could only guess what he is probably thinking.

                “So I asked Baekhyun about Haneul,” I spoke softly in the silence.

                “Did he get mad?”

                I shook my head, “No, he told me he moved on but…” My shoulders dropped. “He still cried talking about her, and I understand that.”

                “Just give or take some time for him,” Luhan said. “It happened not too long ago and he was head-over-heels for her.”

                “But it’s nice to see our Baekkie smiling again.” Yifan joined in quietly. “It’s all thanks to you, Dara.”

                “You guys make me seem like I’m someone really special,” I faintly smiled. “I’m really not.  I’m just Song Dara; nothing more, nothing less.”

                “You’re special to us, all of us.” Luhan crossed his arms and made eye contact with me.  He had a relaxed expression on his face. “You forgave people who don’t deserve your forgiveness and gave hope to someone who lost hope in everything.  It’s truly a blessing having you as a part of our lives.”

                I smiled, my heart palpitating from his kind words. “It’s unhealthy to hold grudges, but thank you.”        

                “Why did you forgive us?” Yifan inquired.  My gaze slid from Luhan to him and I tilted my head to see that his jaw was clenched.  Yifan’s eyes were cast downwards and his shoulders were rather stiff, but I can tell he is anything but angry.

                I removed my legs from underneath me and crossed them, “I never forgave you guys.  I just moved on.”

                Both their eyes widened and they stared at me. “What—“