Chapter 2~

~Chapter 2~

As we get into the school I feel the air conditioner on my face. We walk around the hall to the front office, standing there are three people. One was a woman, mid 40's, dark dark skin, dark brown eyes, and a smile. She was wearing a striped wool sweater and a long denim skirt with a side slit. The next person was a older man, late 50's, very tall, with a stern yet caring face. He had white hair and dull blue eyes. He was wearing a brown sweater with a white shirt underneath. By his neck you could see a hint of a tattoo on him. From what I saw it looked old, like he got it in his teens. The last one was a girl, she looked about my age. She was quite pretty. She had long blonde hair and bright green eyes. She was wearing a orange Aero shirt with jeans. You could see from the side that she had hearing aids. I don't use mine. I got them when I first became deaf but decided not to use them after I discovered they don't work. Some people say they work, but me, they didn't do a thing. So I don't use them.

After standing there for a few minutes the older women comes up to me and smiles.

"I'm so glad you can finally come tour our school, welcome to West Lincoln, school for the deaf." The woman says and signs with a smile.

"Hi! I'm Jennifer Conrowe! Lilly's mum. It's so great to be here. Thank you for having us. This is my husband Luke, and my sons Tyler and Joshua." Signs my mother while pointing to each of my brothers.

"Well hello! I'm Mrs. Marco, I'm the principal." She signs to us. Mostly my mother.

"Hello. I'm Mr. Pennings. I'm the other principal." He signs with a slight non of the head and a tight smile.

"Hello, I'm Jenna Sams. I'm then student council president, president of the chess club, president of the FCCLA club, and a supporting member of the religious community in our school." She signs with this little 'I'm perfect' look. All in all, I got that she's a goody two shoes.

"Hi." Is all I signed back to them.

After a slight pause, the older woman looks at my mother.

"Well, why don't we begin the tour. Shall we?" She signs while her hand points down the hall like she's presenting something to us.

"Well, in this school we have all the normal classes, but in a different setting. We do everything a little but different here." Mrs. Marco signs while walking down the hall. She shows us where we will eat lunch, where my locker is, where all my classes are, and all the extra circular rooms are. She finishes her tour at the front office once more. I stop listening to what she is talking about with my family and the two other people after we went passed my locker.

"And if you have any other questions, don't be hesitant to call or stop by at anytime." The old lady says and signs to my mother while shaking her hand.

"Thank you for everything. I bet Lilly can't wait to start school next week. I know that I love this school already." My mother signs and says with a laugh.

"Thank you, well I can't wait to have her here next week. Thank you again for coming." The woman says to my mother while I watch her mouth.

"Goodbye." I say while walking out. Happy that I can finally get home and do anything but be here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on Neymar. No, yes yes yes GOALLLL!!!!!" I scream while my brothers do one of those manly bro hugs and scream. Of corse I can't hear it, but I can see it.

"Come in Brazil, we are getting close to the end of the game. Only down by one. We can do this!." I say while stuffing my face with cheese puffs.

"I bet you ten bucks that Brazil going to win the cup this year." Josh says to Ty while I watch there mouths move.