Chapter Three

A/N- Sorry that this chapter is really short. Who likes the cover I made and how the story is going so far?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cait's mom, Kathleen, arrived about fifteen minutes later.

"Name?" asked the front desk officer.

"Kathy Callaway, I'm here for questioning on a missing persons case," she replied.

"Mom, you're here!" Cait ran up and gave her mom a hug, "These are my bosses, Mr. Spencer and Mr. Guster," she continued, pointing to each in turn.

"Nice to meet you gentlemen."

"You too ma'am. Hey Gus, can I talk to you for a minute?" Shawn pulled Gus aside, "Gus, she looks like that actress from that movie!"

"Which one?"

"Uh, uh, Kathleen Collingsworth!"

"She does!"

"Spencer, Guster, come on," said Lassie, "We have some questioning to do."

"Be there in a bit Lassie!" said Shawn. "Cait, I want you to head back to the office and answer calls." Cait walked dejectedly out the door and rode slowly up the street. Shawn and Gus walked down to the interrogation rooms, where Lassiter had already begun questioning. "Mrs. Callaway, how did you know Mrs. Collingsworth?"

"She was my landlady when I previously lived in Santa Barbara."

"Ma'am, do you know if she had any enemies?" asked Gus.

"Now, remember, this was 20 or so years ago and before she opened That's Good Coffee- this one tennant, Andre, was always pestering her."

"Do you have a last name?" asked Lassiter.

"Burroughs or something like that. He continuously bothered all of her tennants."

"O'Hara, let's get an address on this guy and head over there," Lassiter reasoned.

"Guys, I'm getting something. I think he may have a record, I'm sensing jewelry and arguing. Can anyone make any sense of that?" Shawn said and put his hands to his head.

"Yes, he frequently argued with Mrs. Collingsworth about some jewelry that had been in her family for years," said Kathleen.

 "Gus," Shawn whispered, "I bet they were arguing about that the night Mrs. Collingsworth went missing." The two bumped fists. "I'm also thinking Cait has the jewelry."

 "Ooh, good work! Are you gonna ask her about it?"

"No!" he whispered before returning to his normal tone of voice, "Mrs. Callaway, do you know if she had any children?"

"She never mentioned any to me."

"Thank you, ma'am," said Lassie, "Please leave us with your information so that we can contact you again."

"Alright," Kathy wrote down her information and left.

Jules had tracked down Andre Burroughs to a home address. Shawn and Gus headed over to discover an empty house and neighbors saying that they hadn't seen the man in days. Shawn and Gus called Lassiter and Juliet and told them what they had found out.

"Then find him Spencer!" yelled Lassiter into the phone. After a few more hours on the job, Shawn and Gus were famished. So, they decided to head back to the office, order some pineapple pizzas, and watch some of the shows they had TiVo'd.