Chapter Four

Cait was sitting in the Psych office, bored out of her mind. She had been told to answer calls that didn't come and wait. She got on her facebook page and updated her status, 'bored @ work, whoopee!'

She plugged in her mp3 player. The first song to play was "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman." She started humming and bobbing her head along to the music. She continued this cycle of humming, bobbing her head, and occassionally answering calls until 7pm.

"Whoa, what's going on here?" asked Shawn as he walked in with Gus.

 "I was bored, so I was listening to music."

"I get  that. Cait, admit it, your mom is Kathleen Collingsworth and your full name is Caitlin."

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Come on! Cait, why do you keep lying about your family?  Katherine Collingsworth was your grandmother and you felt that it was irrelevant to the case. How does that even work out?" asked Shawn.

"I barely knew her. I was telling the truth about just meeting her a few months ago," she replied. They spent the next twenty minutes or so in utter silence. Finally, Cait spoke up, "I'm sorry, I have to go. My mom is expecting me home by eight."

"Ride safely," said Gus.

"Thanks, enjoy watching American Duos."

"You know we will." Cait soon left. In the thirty minutes that followed, Shawn and Gus ordered pizza and started watched American Duos.

"Gus, I don't know why you still watch this, Nigel St. Nigel was horrible to us."

"Shh!"

......

"Hey, Gus. What happened to Cait?"

"Shawn, she left like thirty minutes ago."

"Really? I never noticed." Just then the phone rang. "I'm not getting it. Gus, you get it."

"Shawn, you get it." They bickered back and forth about this until the answering machine went on.

"Gus, Shawn, it's Cait. I know that you're probably annoyed that I'm not there to pick up the phone right now..."

"You know that's right," said Gus.

"But I need your help. My mom never showed up and-" the call ended with a bloodcurdling scream and a smash. Shawn and Gus stared at each other.

"That didn't sound good," said Shawn.

"Maybe we should call the police."

"I'm actually gonna have to agree with you there."

"O'Hara," came Jules voice from the other end of the line.

"Hey, Jules. We have something to report about the case."

"Shawn, what's this about?"

"Missing people. I just had a vision of two people being kidnapped. And, wait for ittttttttt, they are connected to the case."

"How are they connected?"

"They are Mrs. Collingsworth's daughter and granddaughter."

"Why didn't they come up earlier?"

"The spirits didn't tell me about them earlier. Anyways, their names are Kathleen and Caitlin."

"Thanks, Shawn. I'll let you know what I find out."

"Thanks, Jules. I love you." Shawn hung up the phone, "Gus, what have you found?"

"The media doesn't know anything about Kathleen's marriage, daughter, or divorce."

"That's weird, talk about a low profile."

"Yeah, it's weird alright. Shawn, check this out."

Shawn spun his chair over to Gus' desk, "What?"

"You know that necklace Cait was wearing this morning and was not wearing this afternoon?"

"The black one?"

"No, Shawn. The green one with the three stones."

"Oh, that one. Sure, what about it?"

"Look at this picture." Shawn pushed Gus over so he could get a better look. It featured a brunette woman with Curly eighties hair. She was wearing a black dress and around her neck sat a necklace with three emeralds hanging from it. "It's her mom over twenty years ago."

"It seems Cait does have the jewels OR she just stole the necklace out of her mom's jewelry box."

"Shawn, I think it's the former. But why would they be kidnapped over jewels?" They threw around ideas  for a while, including one about pirates. Then they left to their own apartments where they each fell quickly asleep.