Chapter Five

"Thank you for the shower... uh, Mac? Is it your real name?"

"Ain't telling ya," Mac said, "When I let ya go I don't want you knowing who I am or where I am." He was so good at this con, making them think they were going to live through it. They would always smile if he said he was letting them go, Miranda just looked at him as if he hadn't said anything at all. It was a challenge to get the reaction out of her that he expected, he liked it. This verbal bantering with her would make him miss her one day, he kind of already did.

"Can't I call you something?" Miranda asked said sweetly, "Besides douchebag or rapist."

He tried to suppress a grin that was forming on his face, he didn't even want to beat her ass for saying that. She had fucking balls, you had to admire it.

"Just call me Mac."
"Thank you for the shower, Mac."

He took her hands and looked at them, ran his fingers over the red marks, then cuffed them in front of her.
He'd given her a clean t-shirt, her Nirvana shirt that he had stolen and shorts to wear and she didn't ask where they came from.

"Hungry?"

"No,"

"Tough shit, Princess you're eating." He pulled her by the wrist to the kitchen table and sat her down, "Stay put."

He went to the fridge and took out a leftover steak.

"A little overcooked for me. But it'll do,"

He sat it down and began to cut it offering a piece to her.

"I know you don't eat meat, but you need protein or you ain't gonna make it here."

She still ignored the fork he held in front of her.

"Eat it!" He was mad and she knew she had pushed too far, back up Miranda, eat the fucking steak, make him happy.

She opened her mouth and ate it. Then she accepted a sip of water.

"Why do you care if I eat if you're going to kill me ."

"I ain't gonna kill you," Yet.

Miranda huffed, of course, he was going to, she wasn't stupid. As he took a bite off the fork for himself and drank some wine, she thought again about how to stay alive long enough for him to let down his guard or make a mistake. Then she would be in the wind, except from the looks of the outside, they were miles away from civilization.

But that was a worry for another day. Her worry for today was to make this pervert so happy that he unchained her.

"Told ya, I want ya awake and responsive otherwise I'd just need a blowup doll. Want some wine, Miranda?" He asked tipping the cup towards her, "What's it the lesser of two evils they say, maybe I won't have to jack you up tonight when I'm done if you're already drunk, cause that's what you are now, a drunk, again. "

That reality hung in the air between them, sobriety was gone for her right now, "Drink it why don't you?" Your drug of choice, right?"
She sipped the wine as he instructed while he held the glass to her lips and ate the steak he fed to her because her hands were handcuffed in front of her, but in her mind, she had shoved the steak knife through his heart already. She was not a drunk, she hadn't been that for a long time.

"You know Mac," She said as she lifted her hands, made sure he was looking and slid them over her breasts, "If you uncuff me, you could...watch."

He stared at her for more than a second and she knew he was thinking about it.

"Nice try," He answered.

"Are you sure?" She slid her fingers back across her chest and over her nipple, "You said so yourself, I hadn't been laid in almost a year, what do you think I was doing all that time?"