Lego house

Chapter Fourteen: Lego house

"I'm gonna pick up the pieces and build a Lego house, if things go wrong we can knock it down. My three words have two meanings, there's one thing on my mind, it's all for you..."

Euphoria is marked by a feeling of well being; elation in other words. It has been a long time since April and Jackson both felt it at the same time and they can't help but bask in it. Ever since they officially got back together, they've been spending time with each other almost every day; April still hasn't decided if she wants to move in with Jackson but she always finds herself spending the night with him anyway. They haven't had sex yet but not without lack of trying on the red head' part; she wanted to jump him right after the Gala but for some unfathomable reason Jackson is holding out on her. She tried to talk to him about it once but her boyfriend keeps on giving her ambiguous answers, instead of pestering him like what she used to, she just decided to let it go-he'll tell her once he's ready anyway, she's sure of that.

Stephanie yanked the curtains open; "You paged me?" she asked while trying to catch her breath.

"Dr. Edwards, Ben Bosco and his wife Joyce, he's got an ankle fracture" April explained while clearing the supplies she used.

"The moving walkway thing at the airport, we were running to catch our connecting flight to Alaska to see the northern lights and I stepped on that thing and my foot just snapped" Ben explained.

"I heard it, it was a loud crack" Joyce said with a chuckle.

April stood up from her perch and smiled at Stephanie; "He's gonna need a full work up and Ortho consult, also get a chest XRAY cause it might be surgical. Keep me posted?" she asked.

Stephanie smiled back; "Okay, I'll get those XRAY's" she replied.

April handed her tab to Stephanie and patted the intern's shoulder as she passed her by; "Thanks!"

"Welcome Dr. K" Stephanie replied. She then turned towards her patient; "Let's get started then" she said.

April made her way towards the nurses' station and leaned forward; she grabbed herself another tab and began updating the electronic board.

"I'm bored"

"Aren't you with Shepherd today?" April asked.

Lexie yawned; "I am but he's with Torres today, they're working on Mickey" she replied.

April shifted her eyes towards the electronic board; "How about Mark?"

"He's in surgery with Jackson" Lexie replied.

"Meredith?"

"Working on her research, N.I.H grant proposal"

April leaned forward again and placed her tab back on its charging rack; she then turned towards Lexie and smiled. "Want to take a break? I just sent Edwards to do a full work up on my patient so I'm free for the next 30 minutes."

"Coffee?"

"Yep"

Lexie pulled away from her perch and smiled widely; "You buying?"

April smirked; "Only if you'll review with me"

Lexie rolled her eyes; "You mean, review you."

oOo

"Why do you need my help with this surgery again?" Jackson asked. "It's abdominoplasty, I've done this hundred times."

Mark paused and stared at his prot; "Would you rather do boring paper works then?"