Chapter 2

"Well, why don't we get to know each other?" Luke suggested. "It's worth a shot, yeah," I agreed.

     By the end of our 2nd lemonades, we were best friends. Luke told me all about how he and Michael were in a band called 5 Seconds Of Summer, and how they were pretty huge in the world. I told him about how Marie was my best friend and how she talked about the band, but I never understood until now.

     We told jokes until our eyelids drooped. He offered to drive me home, so I took him up on the offer.

     By the time we got to my apartment, he had stopped laughing and looked pretty serious. "Hey Blaine? Can I come in for a bit?" "Sure! Me casa esu casa!!!!"

     We came in and I made cookies to snack while we talked longer, and before we knew it, it was 2:30 am. I told Luke he could stay over, and he thanked me and went to the couch.

***********

I got up and smelled smoke, so I immediately got dressed and ran for the kitchen, only to see Luke trying to make eggs, which extremely failed. I ran over to him and shut off the stove.

    We sat on the couch and he told me what happened. "I was trying to make breakfast as a thank you!!!!" He was practically yelling as I tried to stifle a laugh. We both ended up howling with tears of laughter. I gave him my number, and he left after a quick hug.

************