f o u r

(two days latuh) 

The sun's gleam streaked my face, forcing me to wake up. Glancing at my clock on my bedside table, it reads 7:38 AM. Is it Monday? I checked my phone and shoot! It really is Monday. Jolting out of bed, I slid into my uniform; white long sleeve polo, black mini skirt and a wedged black boots and hastily went out racing through the steps. The five of them were sitting on the dining table, peacefully eating their breakfast. Joining them I grabbed my bowl, poured some fruit loops in it and watched the milk cascading inside the bowl. 

"Someone woke up pretty late." Seven chuckled, drinking the last drop of his water. I rolled my eyes at him making him laugh more. 

"Yeah and that's me. I completely forgot today is Monday though, so whose going to drive?" Placing my used bowl into the sink, I stood up and grabbed my bag. All of them pointed at Flynn whose dangling the car key. 

All of us piled inside our Kia Sorento when I forgot my Lady Midnight book. "Oh wait! I forgot something, lemme just go grab it. One sec!" They all groaned since it's already quarter to Eight, classes starts at Eight and MCW University is a five minute drive away from our flat. Plus, the girls wants to hang out with their boyfriends before class starts. It's kind of their routine though. 

Opening my bedroom, I quickly grabbed my currently reading book; Lady Midnight and went running back to the car after bolting the flat and my bedroom. Placing the thick book in my lap, my friends asked in sync as I shut the car door. 

"You're reading now?" 

"Yes, so are we going or what?" 

"Of course we are. Flynn start the engine." Flynn chuckled and the engine went to life. The car ride was not quiet, which I found annoying because I was trying to listen to Lady Midnight's audio book. What I did is unplug my earphones and jammed with them. 

Five minutes passes, we arrived at the uni. Piling outside one by one, when I was the one to go out, I waved to all of them and jogged towards St. Patrick Hall forgetting my class starts 10 minutes before Eight. I hate Economics so much, it's so early! It's not really the subject for me though. 

When I arrived to the right room, I peered inside the classroom. Most of the people are already here so I went inside, sat at the very front of the rows. Our professor is still not here so might as well spend the remaining time reading. 

As I was reading someone sat next to me, not minding that person I continued to read. I'm enjoying my reading session when my seatmate nudged me countless time. When my patience gave up I turned to that person, shocked to see the same icy cold blue eyes. 

"Horan?!" He's grinning and peeking through my book. Oh yeah, he also likes to read a lot. 

"Yeah, it's me. So you're reading the first book, never thought you would read." Shaking my head, I actually smiled. I mean, I smile to people but not to those who humiliate me and can't appreciate my efforts. It's unbelievable to be honest. 

"What, you can't blame me, it's actually a nice book. So don't tell me, you're reading it also?" He didn't reply but, he reached something from his rucksack. A book.

"Currently on the second book." My mouth formed an 'o' and smiled. Both of us are surprisingly  having a great time talking and interacting with each other, but was interrupted when the professor already arrived and started the class. 

"The discipline was renamed in the late 19th century primarily due to Alfred Marshall from "political economics" to "economics" as a shorter term for "economic science". At that time, it became more open to rigorous thinking and made increased use of mathematics, which helped support efforts to have it accepted as a science and as a separate discipline outside of political science and other social sciences. Can anyone tell me what is the ultimate goal of Economics?" 

My hand flew in the air waiting for Professor O' Connor to call me. When he raised his brow towards me, I spoke the phrase but with another person. 

"To improve the living conditions of people in their everyday life."  I looked at the person on my right. Yeah I forgot he's also an honor student. Shrugging I focused my attention towards our topic, our classmates started to make noise because of that. Assholes, looking like elementary kids. 

I mouthed a 'don't mind them' to Niall, while he returned a smirk and nodded slowly at me. Minutes have passed, first period has already ended. I packed my things and eventually walked towards the door, only to find myself unable to move because of Niall blocking the door frame with his arm outstretched. 

"Excuse me? I'm trying to get out you know, I'm gonna be late for class." Still, he didn't removed his dear arm in front of me instead, he faced me with a smirk plastered on his face. 

"Didn't know you care for your education McCarthy." 

"Oh, I have a bunch of information that you don't know about me Horan." Returning the smirk, I carefully removed his hand and walked away from him towards my Accounting & Finance class. As I was walking down the hall, I heard him jog towards me. 

I shook my head as I continued walking down the hall. Doesn't he have class? Hearing him pant, I laughed quietly. That's what you get for following me Horan. Finally, I turned around to face Niall and tell him to stop. 

"Ni—" But, I found Joaquin staring at me intently, brows almost in a straight line and eyes expressing anger. "—All" I finished the supposed to be name for him. 

"Let's talk. I don't care if you skip your class, let's just talk for a while Isabelle." My brows furrowed in complete frustration as I decided not to talk to him. 

"Joaquin if you don't care about my education, then leave me because I care! Let's break up." I finally said, not cracking my voice. 

"Are you breaking up with me because of Niall Horan? Then you're an asshole Isabelle, I won't break up with you because I love you!" Joaquin took a hold of my arm violently, I tried to grab it back but he won't let it go. 

"Fág mé ar m'aonar!" As soon as I said that, someone grabbed me, successfully pulling me away from Joaquin. It was Niall. 

"Leave her alone mate, she wants to be away from you." I was now standing behind him, looking like a scared pup. This isn't me, I know. I'm always the only standing up for myself but right now, it's a different story. What have you done to me Niall? 

"Don't you steal my girl Horan..." 

"I'm not Russo. But believe me, one day I will. Let's go Isabelle." Following Niall, I took a glance at Joaquin who is throwing both of us a flaming glare. I don't care anyway. 

What I care about is, is what Niall just said right in front of Joaquin's face. I'm not Russo. But believe me, one day I will. Did he meant that as a joke or a threat? Yeah maybe, he's not into me and I'm not into him. We're just friends, or acquaintances rather. 

"Hey, what's going on with your mind? You seem a bit- bothered?" Yeah I wouldn't if it weren't for you dipshit. 

"Nope, I'm completely fine. You know what? Let's just go to Belly Café just like what I promised you on Friday. When you started humiliating me in front of—" 

Not even finishing my sentence, Niall cut me. "Yeah I know what I did and I'm apologizing for it. I'm sorry." Nodding, we went off campus with his Range Rover and drove towards the designated cafe. Can't believe I'm spending the rest of the morning with my supposed to be mortal enemy. But I'm not, so maybe perhaps this could work out in the end. 

;)