[skeyt]

*skate

The New York vampire murders hound my thoughts

The New York vampire murders hound my thoughts. I can't get over Lord Iverson's Millenium Being theory, especially when I think of one species. Most people believe Strigoi's arch enemies are wolves; they could not be more wrong. Of supposed superior intelligence, elves are bagpipers and snake charmers who have one dancing to their tune. It took me half a century to understand their wit only served their wrongdoing. Without a visible vice, most species trusted them while we bloodsuckers and the flesh-eating wolves were disapproved. If there is a species that should remain extinct, it's theirs.

Yes, throw your stakes. I never said I vowed to be holy.

Thoughts fade like cigarette vipers as I return my focus to the living and untangible Inna. This woman captivates me. Some would say it's attraction, and the answer is yes. If you asked me why a few weeks ago, I would have told you her blood reeled me to her. Right now, I'm not sure if it's her hemoglobin holding me.

Lots of elements remain a blur concerning Inna.

I've been taking mental notes, and now it's a jigsaw puzzle of her personality.

At work, she plays refined bourgeois to cater to her customers. One would think she has seen and done it all. When outside, Inna is this country bumpkin who has never seen how the grass grows outside of the state.

As I watch her skate, she resembles a kid with all the innocence and the carelessness known to man.

I do not know how she convinced me to accompany her. Actually, she did not need to ask. I would have tagged along without much struggle. Lately, like a dog, I wag my tail and follow my master's sweet scent around.

The council members would probably choke on a few gallons of expired blood if they saw their monarch run after a mortal. None would smile; the elders would strip all titles and scatter me across the seven seas.

It's not that vampires do not get intimate with humans. On the contrary, but for a First and Royal, it's considered a weakness to have any affection towards humans stepping out of the boundaries of viewing them as food, beverage, or eventual followers.

I do not see Inna or any other human that way. As long as I can live without harming them, I put them on the same foot of equality. To think humans are vulnerable by their mortality is an absurdity.

The human's ephemeral nature is something I have come to envy with time, and I guess I shall never say it enough while the longing lingers. To have so much time at hand can make one lose their mind. Also, there is nothing more terrible than watching your loved one die while you stay behind. I have had human friends in the past, and it saddened me to see them pass away.

Their lives are so fragile, yet they live it to the fullest like Inna now.

Oh, no, my eyelids close to avoid seeing the impact as Inna falls.