Chapter 1

2 years later...

"No, I am fine," I tell Adam's mom as she asks me if I wanted more mash potatoes.

It has been 2 years since I married Adam and nothing has changed. I am still married to him and I am still living this fake life. Since the day we got married we barely even talked and if we do it always ends in arguments. He still sees me as the replacement.

I haven't heard a word from Spencer since the day she has left. I have tried calling her many times and getting in contact with her but she has never done the same. and eventually, I gave up and accepted the fact that she will never contact me. She's living the life she wanted as I suffer in this misery because of her.

Adam and I have made some arrangements throughout the years we have decided to stay married for the sake of his reputation and in return, he had promised me to never contact and bother Spencer again. We have decided to be the fake happy couple that everyone believed including his parents.

"Are you sure dear?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"Ya, I am sure. Thank you," I tell her politely.

"So son how is everything going with the company." Adam's dad Gary Wilson asks as he takes a bite out of his chicken. "Great! We have decided on launching this new product that I think will be a great hit." He says.

I roll my eyes at how perfect he sounded. Adam was the CEO of a multimillion-dollar company that he inherited from his dad. He was a heartthrob and every girl in the whole planets wanted to be with him and I have gotten much hate from the fact that I was married to him.
-
We finally came home after 3 hours of being at his parent's house. I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep.

I went into our room and quickly removed my clothes and changed into some comfy pyjamas and went straight to bed. I didn't really know where Adam was and frankly, I didn't care. I liked having the bed all to myself and for many nights I did.

Adam and I have moved out of his great big mansion and instead, we live in an apartment with one bedroom because his parents ordered us to do so because it was apparently a tradition in their family for newly wedded couples to have their own house to learn how to do things without the maids around. Whatever that means.

I was completely against it but I was forced to accept it by him like most things I am always forced to do.

I felt someone crawl into bed and I sighed loudly at the disappointing fact that I didn't get the bed to myself.

"You should talk less when we are with my parents." He says and I roll my eyes because he commands me to stop things I can't control. "You can't force me not to talk!" I tell him raising my voice a little. But suddenly he turns me over to my back and hovers on top of me. My eyes widen at how fast my position changed in matters of seconds and my breathing gets heavier.

"I can tell you to do whatever I want! Remember that and remember whose wife you are." He says before returning to his position and leaving me breathless and crying. He controls my life.

-
The next morning I wake up early considering the fact that he was still in bed. I get off the bed and go make breakfast for myself after brushing my teeth and washing my face.

Adam and I lived our separate lives at home. We never ate meals together and most times when either of us comes down to eat I leave or he leaves.

We never shared anything except for the bed we sleep in. Half of the time we want to rip out head off.

I know he blames me for Spencer leaving and thinks it's my fault but really she never wanted to be with him from the beginning. He couldn't stop blaming me but I think it was the only way for him to cope with it. For someone to be responsible. But it has been 2 years and he still couldn't let go of it.