chap4.

He woke to the smell of breakfast, it reminded him of the old times when he was back in the Caribbean. It must be Johnny Cakes and salted fish. Rider got up, put on a pair of shorts, brushed his teeth, washed his disheveled face and followed the scent to the kitchen.

" Oh, hi baby," Harper chirped as she kissed her boyfriend good morning. "Fix your face, sweetie I'm cooking your favorite west Indian breakfast."

Rider smiled and ate his breakfast in his mansion, while his brother struggled to get up out of his old mattress. For the longest time Craig had been living on the money his grandparents had left him, but now it dwindled. He spent it all on girls; buying them clothes and cars and paying for hair dos when he should have been using it how his Grandma and Grandpa would have wanted him to use it. He would have to fire his maid today or atleast reduce her work hours.

Ms.Araya was sweeping the kitchen when Craig had finally decided to get out of bed. He squeezed his temples as he wondered how he would make it without her. She only came twice a week and when she was gone his apartment smelt of stink shoes, rotten eggs and dead fish.

" Que tal?" Ms.Araya was of Spanish descent and didn't seem to realize that lots of people weren't.

" My money is running out and I don't think you should work for me anymore," he said it quickly as  if he was afraid of her response.

" Foolishness Boy! I am not going anywhere, you are. You should go look for a job and stop moping." Ms.Araya was a feisty one, she was who Craig depended on.She helped Craig dress formally and sent him job- searching. He looked quite different, but in a good way. His tousled hair was well combed and not stuffed below a snap-back, his black pants fit firmly on his waist and his teeth seemed to glisten when he smiled.

After a long day of job searching, he got a job as an I.T Teechnician. It payed $200 daily. It was good enough for him and he only had to go to the office on Mondays,all other days he would work at home.

When he told Ms.Araya the updates, she kissed him on both cheeks and said,"Buen chico."