Chapter 2 - Locked doors

**Niall**

I can barely focus on getting fork to my mouth at the breakfast table, because all I see and can think about is this adorable guy across the table from me. I find myself looking at his perfect lips. As he laughs and talks with the lads he glances over tenderly at me occasionally.

“Niall, staring at Liam a ‘lil bit intensely don’t ya think?” Zayn asks with one eyebrow up

“Oh shut up Zayn!” Harry laughs “Niam is REAL!! And you’re just worried that “Zirror” will get out the press!!!” This causes the entire table to erupt with laughter. Zayn sighs and looks a little unconvinced though. Louis pips in something about Larry Stylinson forever! And Harry pretends to make out with Louis.

‘Oh god, that was close’ I think to myself and  I’m glad the focus was diverted from us. I look across the table to see Liam is thinking the same thing. His head is tilted to the side his eye look so pleading. He is pleading for the two of us to go up stairs to talk. The only problem is how do we excuse ourselves?? Liam’s eyes twinkle as if a brilliant idea has struck him. So naturally I raise my eyebrows at him and smile. He winks at me and suddenly his eyes widen. Then it dawns on me the entire table is silent and watching me and Liam.

I start laughing and Louis says “Wow you guys had me convinced Niam was real!!”

 Liam Says in retort “And you guys said we couldn’t act! Pfft!”

**Liam**

Oh wow that was a little too close for comfort. Somehow I think the lads would really suspect  us if we just ran up stairs giggling. I think that would support us if they knew and wouldn't judge us but  I want to discuss it (and a lot of other things) with Niall before we tell them. I just figured out how we could sneak up without them expecting us.

“Oh Niall what are you wearing to the concert tomorrow? Not that horrible burgundy hoodie right?!?” I say in a high voice. Niall says something like ‘Oh no you didn’t’ and snaps his fingers (good job Nialler, you caught on)

“Oh honey you need a whole makeover.” I start to laugh

Louis giggles “You can use Harry’s collection of hair products!”

I notice Niall's breakfeast has gone uneatI grab Niall's  hand and pretty much just talk gibberish about fashion and hair as we run to the stairs. Niall cant suppress his laughter once we reach the stairs.  I pull him up the stairs and to my bedroom as it is cleaner than his!He sits on my bed and just looks at my open song book. I shut the door and lock it, his gorgeous eyes widen making me chuckle at him.

*Niall*

I realize that he is staring at me. His eyes are sparkling and he is moving closer to me. I try to move away, knowing that this can't be right. He's my best friend!! Practically a brother. But still, part of me feels something I've never felt before, like something inside me broke free. I am in love with him.

He is still moving closer to me. My heart is racing faster. Suddenly, his hand gently holds my face. He leans in, and his lips press against mine. I could really get use to this. My stomach grumbles and I remember i haven't eaten yet. I feel him smile in our kiss. After what seems a lifetime (1 min) he pulls back abruptly and says

“Niall, we need to talk.” 

“Yea I know,” I say patting his leg when he sits beside me on the bed

“Well first thing is well..ummm..” he struggles

“Well first order of business, Liam Payne will you do me the pleasure; no the honour of being my boyfriend?” I say very seriously

He looks like he is about to say something but then he leans in and kisses my cheek.

" I'd love to Ni." He smiles