Chapter 1

"It doesn't go there, Em," Beca warned as she watched the newest Bella struggle to remember where the cups went in their house.

"You could just tell me, you know," Emily groaned, turning around to look at the brunette as she waved the cup in the air.

Beca just looked up at her as she swallowed the last bit of cereal before turning to sit he bowl in the sink. "Where's the fun in that?"

"I like to see people struggle with normal everyday tasks," Beca joked with a smirk and Chloe walked into the room.

"Stop terrorizing her," she giggled before turning to the newest Bella. "Top right cabinet."

"Thank you," Emily said before glaring at Beca.

"Stacie wanted me to ask you if you had the music theory notes she can copy," the redhead said and Beca nodded her head before walking over to the table where all her papers and computer were sat.

"I told her she can get it whenever," the brunette said, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear as she gathered her notes together. "She actually missed some important shit."

The senior laughed at the girl while Emily just walked out of the room and into another part of the house. "How's the professor? Is he good?"

"I don't really know," Beca let out, standing up straight. "He's like 42 or something and seems to know what he's talking about. It's not the worst class I've had but Stacie seems to think he favors me."

"Why does she think that?" Chloe asked intrigued as she took the papers from her best friend who shrugged.

"I guess because he always has me answer questions or takes his time out of the class to help me more than others although I don't see it." The redhead furrowed her eyebrows but let it go. "If you ask me, it's because she has a crush on him and doesn't get the attention she wants."

The two girls laughed and Beca caught Chloe's eyes which caused them to stop laughing and smile instead. Chloe was the person Beca went to when she wanted to feel better. Not even Jesse could cheer her up. If she was honest with herself, she didn't feel the spark with the treble maker as she first did; she wasn't sure if they wanted the same things any more. Chloe was Beca's best friend; the only one who knew everything about her. She told Chloe more secrets than even Jesse. The bubbly red head made her feel safe and made her forget about stress or heartache whenever needed. Somehow Chloe managed to get Beca into the habit of watching a movie with her every Friday night.

"Love is like a fart," they heard the Australian as she walked into the kitchen followed by Cynthia Rose and Stacie. The two women quickly stepped away from one another, Beca pretending to look through her papers. "If you have to force it, it's probably shit."

Stacie scrunched her nose up. "I didn't say anything about love."

"Well yeah, but I just thought I should tell you," Amy said before engaging in a conversation with Cynthia. Stacie turned turned around and smiled when she found her two friends watching them.

"Are those the notes?" she asked pointing to Chloe's hand and they looked down at them.

"Yeah," Beca said moving closer, almost touching Chloe's chest with her shoulder. "He said that we need to use the chromatic scale to make a verse to a song."

The blonde's eyes widened as she leaned against the table, Chloe watching the two with a furrowed eyebrows. "How the hell does he expect us to make a song? There's no way it'll be good."

"It's not that hard because of the half steps here," Beca continued, pointing to a diagram of a staff with notes she had drew. "He said he's not grading for the lyrics itself, but that we understand what the chromatic scale is and how it's used."