Chapter 1

Dawn was appearing in Yorkshire as Lady Sybil finished her bags, and went downstairs.  She was nervous, her papa had only just given his permission for her to marry Tom, not that she wouldn't have done it anyway.  This just made things easier. 

Last night she had said her goodbyes. Edith first, she promised to write to her often. Then, Mary, they hugged and Mary gave her a few words of advice.  Then there was Mama, which was the hardest of all, she cried and so did her mother.  Papa gave her a kiss on the forehead, and he made her promise to never lose the virtues of the English, to which she playfully rolled her eyes. 

As she stepped out onto the gravel, the smell of the early morning dew filled her head. She looked up at the abbey, the place where she grew up, her home. She knew, of course, that her life was about to change completely, but I guess it hadn't quite sunk in just yet.  But she wasn't remorseful, no she was bubbly with excitement. She remembered her first conversations with Tom, on the way to the meetings, how they met in secret in the garage, she remembered their plans of eloping and was happy that they were now doing the right thing. 

She met Tom down at the port.

"My love, here you are", said  Tom. He looked almost relieved like he couldn't believe his dream was coming true.

"Of course I'm here Tom, you don't have to worry, I love you"

With that, he took her hand, and they went on board. 

As the salty sea hair filled her nose and the wind gave colour to her cheeks, Sybil knew she was ready. As she looked at the great blue sea ahead she couldn't help but let her heart fill with excitement. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm starting off kinda boring, please give me feedback! I apologize for the quality of my writing!