Chapter 2

As the boat docked in Dublin, Sybil rushed to the deck.  She was excited to get her first glimpse of Ireland.  As the youngest, she never had the opportunity to leave Britain. In fact, except for her family's annual visits to London and Scotland, she never really left Yorkshire. 

Her hands grasped the cool railings, and a smile light up her face as she looked out at the green mountains.  It was beautiful she thought. Excitement and hope filled her heart. She knew she was finally ready to start her new life in Dublin.

After about 2 minutes, of looking in awe of her surroundings she noticed Tom coming up behind her. 

"Tom!" She gasped, "You never said it would be like this!"

Tom smiled at Sybil, with such warmth in eyes. Even if you didn't know them, with that look in eyes you could see just how much he loved her.

"Sybil, darling, I have never been as happy as I am now, but you should know something, Dublin is very different to Yorkshire, there is a lot of tension with the British army here, people are poorer and have had enough with the British soldiers telling them what they can and can't do. Some people may be aggressive towards you with your English accent. But your accent will not save you from the soldiers, they do not care who you are," with his last sentence you could feel the bitterness in Tom's voice. 

"Don't worry Tom,"Sybil replied caressing his cheek with her hand, "I'll be fine!"

As they got off the boat, Sybil did notice a lot of soldiers patrolling, wearing English uniforms. They were not like the soldiers who celebrated with them at Downton, no these soldiers were different. The people didn't applaud them when they went by, no, instead they cowered away, lowered their heads, averted their eyes, and mothers held their children tight.  Instead of a smiling to the people,  the soldiers shouted gruff instructions, and there was nothing but coldness in their eyes. 

Tom found them a cab. He told her all about his family. He had an elder sister, Niamh, she had two daughters,  Meg and Aoife. Her husband was shot after the Easter rising in 1916.  He also had a brother Harry, but he lived in Cork, so Sybil wouldn't see him much. Tom had to more siblings, both little sisters named Saoirse and Caoimhe. They still lived with his mum, Ciara. Sybil was overwhelmed, she didn't realize how big his family was, to be honest, she was a little intimidated. 

Eventually, the cab pulled up to a cute little house, on the south side of Dublin.  It had pretty white walls and a few flowers in the front. It was cute, but it was small, very small compared to Downton. 

Sybil gulped, she hadn't fully admitted to Tom how nervous she was about meeting his mother. If her parents were anything to go on, this was about to be a disaster. Her dazzling blue eyes looked up and Tom for comfort. 

"Don't worry," Tom whispered, "she'll love you."

And with that, they knocked on the door. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, yeah thank you for reading, sorry for any mistakes. This was kinda a filler, most chapters are going to be lol. Thank you for reading, I will always love Sybil and Tom soo much!!!