CHAPTER 4

"Deep breath ma" whispered Niamh to her very anxious mum. 

"Deep breath Sybil, we can do this," whispered Tom.

The door gently opened and Sybil could feel her heart beating in her ears. She thought she was going to pass out. She had to focus on her breaths. That's when she saw Ciara Branson for the very first time.  Her hair was dark with graying roots, tied up neatly in a bun.  Her eyes were green, tired but kind. Her arms were strong from a life time of hard work. She was thin yet a little intimidating. 

" fáilte roimh mo pháiste sa bhaile"  Ciara said with her arms open to her son. You could see how full her heart was in that moment has a mother reunited with her son that had been gone for far too long. 

"It's so good to see you mum," Tom replied happily to his mother, "this is Sybil." 

Good, he'd introduced her as Sybil she thought, she would have lost her life if he had said lady Sybil. 

"I am so glad to finally meet you Mrs Branson, I have heard so much about you from Tom," Sybil said trying to supress her nerves. 

"Welcome dear," replied Ciara, "Please come in before you freeze half to death" It wasn't that it was cold so much as she had spotted a soldier on the corner and did not want to draw attention with all the commotion. 

So inside they went.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I apologize for the typos, this again was a filler.   Thanks!