she drives

S H E      D R I V E S

"LEVI DOESN'T DO THE THINGS I DO!! HE BARELY TRIES AND HE GETS MORE RECOGNITION FROM YOU THAN I EVER DID!"

"Don't speak to me in that tone. I do NOT give your brother more recognition, and don't yell at me."

"YES YOU DO! Even since we were five you let him go out and do things with friends and when I ask you say no because I didn't clean or something. HE DOESN'T EVEN CLEAN HIS ROOM!! I sometimes arrange it for him and my room is always clean, I wash the dishes, I have good grades, and I don't have the recognition I deserve!!"

"I- I uh, Levi tries harder than you do in some ways, he goes out with me to the store-"

"I'm at home studying when I want to go and sometimes you don't even ASK me, you just take him and leave me alone at home or with dad!"

"I can't disagree with that, he does try, and your father has tried to have a better relationship with you, but you push him away-"

" I do not! I am normally busy doing the 20 EXTRA chores I have to do because LEVI DOES NOT DO THEM!!"

"HE CLEANS OUTSIDE, HE ALWAYS FEEDS THE DOG, HE DOES THE GROCERIES WHEN HE CAN, AND HE ALWAYS MAKES TIME TO TALK WITH ME AFTER SCHOOL!! HE CARES FOR HIS MOTHER, LIKE YOU SHOULD, OR AT LEAST LIKE YOU USED TO!!!"

That pulled something in her, she didn't expect her to say that her mother thought he loved her and she didn't. It was enough. She turned, facing the door out of the house. She hesitated to take another step, but placed one in front of the other. Snatching the key from the hooks I front of the door she went out.

"DON'T LEAVE ME RIGHT NOW!!! COME BACK HERE YOUNG LADY!!! THIS DISCUSSION ISN'T OVER!!! WE NEED TO SETTLE THIS!!!"

She slammed the door, heading toward the white Toyota Truck and clicking the keys, opening the car doors. She runs towards the door of the car, opening it and going in and sitting in the withered leather seat. Shutting the door and placing the keys in the ignition. Glancing at the white, wooden closed door to her old home, wondering if she was going to go back inside.

She wouldn't.

One foot on the gas. Two hands on the steering wheel. Eyes on the road. A rapid running mind.  She drives.

She said what she could say, not saying any extremely bad things, and not saying that she believed, truly believed, that her mother once stopped loving her. Passing by the streets of the neighborhood she grew up in, glancing and remembering the moments of her childhood.

Leaving through the gates of the area she called Home,she headed around town. A memorable town.

Roads drowned out her thoughts. Cars symbolizes the people in her life, and for some reason going around for a while reminded her what was ok and what was not.

Roads were her therapy. She didn't need to be moving, just seeing the road.

She drove off into the city. Miles and miles form Home, passing by the stores and homes and buildings of her life.

The local hospital, every day a new born baby is brought into this world, what would they be going through in this time? What would their lives be? What trauma or glory would happen?
There, in that building, She was born, placed into her mother's arms and given to her. She gave her life, and who knew they might have had some years of good and loving bonding, willingly.

A miles away is the road full of classes and small, growing shops. The cupcake shop her mother used to take her to, almost every Friday to go eat one of the new flavors and celebrate for anything that they really wanted to. A couple shops to the left was the dance class where she learned to dance ballet. Not knowing at ALL how to dance ballet anymore and probably rolling her ankle in the process now. Her mother enrolled her because she knew her daughter had asked for it so many times. Money was tight back then, she realized that now. Her mother allowed her to do things even when it really wasn't that possible.