18: armor

18: armor
YERI

I felt bad, guilty, for lying to Namjoon for the past month. I wasn't like this before, I never lie to my friends.

I just find an excuse around the truth. It's different.

I slowed down, walking down Namjoon's street to the end where Jungkook lives. I really wanted to see him. I really need to see him.

I stopped in front of his house, facing the front door. His house was a little bigger than mine, his dad works very hard for his family.

I start walking towards the house but stopped once I got to the door.

I shouldn't do this.

We need space.

After I confessed to him, I broke down. I cried in his arms for what felt like hours. But he stayed and tried to comfort me anyway.

I couldn't ask for a better best friend.

I took my phone out and dialed Lisa's number. I don't want to be alone right now. I needed her.

"Hey, can you come pick me up?" I could hear her grabbing her keys and a door slam.

"Of course, where are you?" She sounded worried and I could hear the engine of her car start.

"Jungkook's house."

"On my way, love you."

"Love you too," and I hung up.

I sat by the curb waiting for her to come pick me up. It was getting late but I didn't want to go home yet.

I hugged myself from the wind. I felt better from the situation. I didn't have to lie to Namjoon anymore. This was a good thing...right?

A couple minutes later I see Lisa's white Mercedes-Benz pull up. I got in the passenger seat and she gave me a quick hug and then drove us to her house.

***

"Should I ask?" She sat on her small couch while I was laying on her bed. Her room was bigger than mine and was filled with posters of different K-POP groups we loved. It felt very comforting.

I didn't feel like talking about my problems anymore, I feel bad for always dumping everything on her.

I need to be a better friend. She doesn't deserve all of this.

"How are you and Taehyung?" I decide to change the subject in a happier note. Lisa has been so happy with V, I love seeing her with someone that cares about her.

"It's been the best, I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend," her smile is so big on her face, she deserves him.

"Namjoon told me he quit the bet for you," I raise an eyebrow at her.

The dedication.

"I know! I couldn't believe it either," she jumps on the bed, laying down with me. "And last night..."

I shot my head up, "no way!" She slept with him? Already?

Damn...

"It was amazing," she sings. I laugh at her response. I'm so jealous.

"Your on the pill right?" I ask on a more serious note. She better be, she can't get pregnant now.

She shakes her head no, "he used a condom."

"But you can never be to safe," I comeback, a little to fast.

"I will be fine, it's not like I'm pregnant," she sits up too. We weren't laughing anymore.

"Condoms break."

"Can you chill out? What the fuck, I thought you would be happy for me."

"I am happy for you! I just don't want you to get pregnant in high school!" We were now yelling at eachother.

Shit.

"I'm not pregnant or getting pregnant! What the fuck is your actual problem?! Your not my mother," she rolls her eyes at me.

"I'm just trying to protect you."

"Shut up Yeri, you shouldn't be talking," she shot back. That was harsh. I know I'm a pain, but that hurt.

"Yeah your right I shouldn't be talking," I start to get up, I need to get out of here.

"Hey! We aren't done here!"

I turn back and throw my hands in the air, "go ahead yell at me! I know I'm messed up, my whole life is messed up."

"Yeah it is," she points her finger towards me, "because you won't man up and admit your feeling to anyone. You always lock everything up and explode when you want attention."

I stood there, no words could describe what I was feeling. She was right, I do do that but wear my pride like armor.

"This isn't even a big deal! Why do you make everything such a big deal? I thought we are friends!" She continues, shooting bullets at me.

But there's only so much I can take.

"Because I don't want you to make the same mistake as me!" I yell.

Holy shit.