five.

Life ain't always fair, but hell is living in resentment
L e a r n To Let Go - kesha
________________________________

Kameron's hands held her mom's frail one with love and care. She resisted her urge to burst out crying and stroked her mom's hand softly.
"Hey mom. I should've told you sooner but I met a guy. It was two weeks ago. He always takes me on an adventure almost every night. He's like a rainbow in my life right now, mom. You should meet him. You'll like him in an instant, just like me. His name's Miles. Miles Corwin. It's perfect isn't it? Unlike life. On the first night we met, we went skating at the Church of 8 Wheels, mom. He also brought me to the Golden Gate Bridge at night. We also planned on running away to Toronto as absurd as it sounds. He took me to a night carnival and it was marvelous. The whole gang visited you too and Sage looked totally happy with Chase, mom. I'm happy for her. And I could see Robyn and Ashton getting closer too." She reminisced, her hopes were high to see her mom wake up from her coma, "Mom, when are you going to wake up? Please make it soon. Dad's rarely at home. We've grown apart. We need you. You're the glue, the anchor, the center of my life. I'm failing in school too, I can't concentrate with everything that's going on. Sage comes here too, almost everyday before her work. I told her about Miles and she instantly ships us. Mom, just please wake up soon." Right after she finished her sentence, Kameron bursted out crying, her world turned into black, the tears were no longer pooling in her eyes. She felt hopeless. She could not do anything to save her  mother. All Kameron could do was to stay beside her mother on the black leathered sofa every night. It should have been her dad but he rarely comes home now. If he did, he would be drunk and it pains Kameron. Ending her life was a choice in her frustrated mind but she knew she needed to be there for her mother when she wakes up. She needed to be strong for her mother, no matter what the situation is. She needed to be as strong as her mother.

But deep down she knew she can't. She's too weak.

Suddenly, the white heavy door yanked open. Revealing her tired looking father. His stubble was getting longer, he used to have it shaved but at that moment, he did not care about it. His dark brown eyes were bloodshot.

"Hey, Kam." He managed to say, knowing that it was awkward.

Kameron started to boil, all she could see was red. Why now? Why not the first night her mother was checked in into a hospital? Where was he when her life crashed to the ground? Where was he when it all happened?

Unable to contain her anger towards her dad, she stood up from the convertible sofa and stormed off to the hospital's rooftop, ignoring her dad who was calling after her.

*

Two weeks had passed and all that Miles could say was that the last two weeks had been a miracle.

Two weeks left and he still had not told her yet. It was killing him.

The rooftop door slammed out of the blue and Miles tilted his head ever-so-slightly to see who it was. His heart immediately beats erractically when he saw who it was. Soon, she was standing right next to him, viewing the city.

"You're here early." Kameron stated, her bad mood radiating off her and Miles realized this.

"You're here late." Miles imitated her and chuckled, only earning a glare from her. "Okay okay. What happened, Kam?" He asked, turning to her and gripped her bony shoulders.

"It's my dad. He appeared out of nowhere after two weeks." She murmured, "Mom isn't getting better either." She added softly that Miles almost didn't hear it.

Miles knew clearly her situation and he knew that telling her that he only had two weeks left that time would be adding more weight to her shoulders. Instead, he enveloped his arms to her back, giving her a hug, knowing that he couldn't express his feelings in words. Kameron was caught by surprised but she returned his hug in an instant, knowing that she needed it. She rested her head on his chest and she could hear his fast beating heart and smiled upon herself.

"Hey, everything will be okay, Kam." He assured, stroking her silky hair.

Kameron looked straight to his chocolate eyes, her heart was spreading pink and orange and yellow flowers, "I hope so."

"I know so." Miles told her and she stood on her toe and leaned in. Her plump pink lips was on his lips in no second, giving him a fervent peck and butterflies were everywhere in his stomach. It was too perfect for him.

She pulled apart, her cheeks flushed. Without any hesitation, Miles leaned in and kissed her, giving her a second kiss for the day. In no time, their lips were in sync as the two kissed under the bright tiny yellow sparks on the sky, shining along with the glowing cresent moon on the cloudless night sky.

I'll tell her another time.