six.

We build it up to break it down
And then we're lost until we're found
And when we're high further from the ground
L o v e & W a r - yellow claw ft yade lauren
________________________________

"So what do you wanna do now?" Miles asked and Kameron looked up to him once more. They were sitting on the edge of the rooftop, the small cold iron fence acted as their safety belt as Kameron felt like home in Miles' arm and her mind was painting pink literally everywhere, with bright yellow circles and orange petals around it.

"Why are you asking me?" She asked, "You're usually the one who decides."

Miles smirked, "Why not?"

Kameron rolled her eyes and looked back to the city view as she heard a police siren. She knew that last night's kiss would change everything. They both had became more intimate and it was euphoric for Kameron in the middle of her sorrow life. A spark of excitement lighted in her wooden colored eyes as she looked towards Miles, "I know this sounds lame but how about we just get to know each other. I mean like I know you very well from this past two weeks but I never really got to know where you came from and such." She said, curiosity was clearly shown behind her gleaming eyes. Red flowers started to appear everywhere in her mind, she was excited after all.

Miles chuckled softly and it captivated her, making Kameron wanting to run her small fingers on his smooth brown hair, "Sure. Why not?" He replied, "I'll go first." He added with a smirk.

*

Asking each other questions could lead to a wrong turn and Miles knew this. But he also knew that he needs to tell her nevertheless. He could not possibly keep her in the dark forever. Well, for thirteen days left to be precise before she realizes everything and decides to hate him and his dead soul. He knew that she was special and what he was doing would be hard for the both of them. It was like poison. A perfect poison that he was willing to take starting from the night he first met her. Both longing for happiness in their dreadful life, they were made for each other. Even though it was not forever.

"What school do you go to?" He asked and Kameron shifted his position so she could talk to him face to face.

"Liberty high." She replied automatically, "Hm, what's your bigger fear?"

Miles' heart skipped a beat.

"You not knowing that I'm dying." He murmured quietly, somehow hoping that Kameron would not be able to hear his words.

But she did.

Her brown eyes widened in surprise, her body was in utter shock. "Please tell me this is a prank." She told him.

Miles looked at her in the most sincere way he could. No more running from telling her the truth. No more dodging. She deserved to know. Her heart deserves to know.

"It wasn't regular check ups was it?" Kameron asked afterwards.

Miles shook his head lightly, not knowing what to say. Tears started to pool on Kameron's glinting eyes. She was broken.

"How long?" She asked once more.

Miles sensed the desperation in her voice, "Thirteen more days, more or less." He answered.

He could see Kameron wanting to shout at him, be angry at the world, interogate him further. But she didn't. She stayed silent, letting her sadness control her in a way she never thought it could.

"Kam, I'm sorry. I should have told you sooner."

We should have not met in the first place.

Anger flicked in her chocolate orbs. "Don't even." She told him fiercely and made her way downwards, leaving Miles all alone.

Little did he knew, the thirteen days was then shortened.