chapter 1

Y/n's pov.

I stood at the gate of the boarding plane as i looked back one more time at the town I grew up in, it was the same old place with endless fields full of crops and flowers same old hot beating summers that never changed but things were about to change. Today's the day I take a step forward and move out of the house I shared with my parent's and head out on my own.

I stared at the plane ticket in my hand nervously as a voice boomed overhead "flight 23 from H/t (home town) to L.A. now boarding" I cluched the piece of paper in my hands and marched up to the gate handing my ticket to the women standing to the side of the entryway. As soon as I entered the plane I was greeted by another lady's smiling face as I took my seat that was ironically next to the window.

As soon as I got settled I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture from the plane window emidnelty posting it on instgram with the captain. @Y/nL/N about to depart to L.A. extremely excited to call this place my new home.
You smiled and hit the share button and began to scroll through your feed. You stopped at a familiar username and completely liked it so much as of it were your own actual heartbeat. @jonahMarais so excited to be performing in L.A. tonight hope to see you guys there.

Your heart skipped a couple beats as you realized where the boys would be performing tonight. Maybe you could still get a ticket if they were still available. Before you could check the website the P.A. system came on and told all passengers to switch the phones to airplane mode you sighed and plugged your headphones in blasting Why Don't We through your ears the rest of the flight slowly drifting off to sleep awaiting your arrival to L.A.

Jonah's pov.

I stood by the door of our band managers office, back slumped up against doorway practically having a staring competition with the wall.

I watched our band manager move across the room and hold up a piece of paper to his face before looking back up at me.

"Jonah?" A voice rang causing me to break out of my trance. "Mhm" I said as I strained out my poster to reveal my tall frame. "We need to talk about something, its important!"our manger rang as he paced back in forth "we need something to happen between the band for publicity wise and since your the oldest I thought why not stage you with a fake girlfriend"

Girlfriend, was the only word I was able to hear. My heart shank as I looked at our mangers pleading face. His poster was sort of slumped and I can tell he highly recommend this whole publicity thing. I wasn't against it I just didn't want to go through it with just anybody she has to mean something to me. I flashed a small smile before slumping myself against the wall again.

"I'll do it.." I started while switching my gaze from him to the floor. "But, she can't be just anybody I want to choose who my staged girlfriend will be" his poster emidnelty strained as his frown turned into a smile.

"Perfect,ok well we will start looking for your 'girlfriend' tomorrow." All I could do was nood my head. My body felt heavy as made my way back to the stage where the rest of the boys were rehearsing they never once asked about my sluggish attitude which in a way a big relief.

Tomorrow was the day, that I have to choose the girl that I would fakly be mine.