A Miraculous Valentine

Marinette stared proudly down at the box of chocolates.

It had taken her hours, but she was finally finished making the sweet treats, all laid out perfectly in the red heart box she had made.

She leaned back on her heels and surveyed the kitchen and herself. The countertop was sticky with chocolate and filling, and so was she. She shivered. She was nervous; getting ready to do one of the bravest acts she'd ever done.

Tomorrow was Valentine's Day, and she was finally ready to confess to her crush that he liked her. She sighed as she daydreamed about Adrien. He was perfect in every way... kind, smart, handsome... those blonde curls and blue eyes.

She could never talk to him without stumbling over her words, so, encouraged by Alya's constant nagging, she had decided to do this instead.

The chocolates were sure to be delicious (she had tasted quite a few, after all) but there was something else concealed inside the homemade box. When you opened the lid, the words 'Will you be my valentine?' were sewn, inscribed in Marinette's best cursive.

She was both nervous and excited about this. What would he say? Would he reject her? Would he never want to be friends again? Did he like her the slightest bit? Would he get another Valentine?

"Marinette, calm down. You're beginning to hyperventilate," Tikki said, flying in front of Marinette. "Tomorrow will be just fine, you'll see."

Marinette sighed. "I hope."

The next day, Marinette managed to make it on time to school, much to Alya's relief.

"So how do you plan on telling him this year?" said Alya in a whisper, not wanting Adrien to overhear, as Marinette slid into her seat. "Planning on signing the card this time?"

Marinette laughed. "No. I made him chocolates, see?" she said using the same low tone. She discreetly slid the box out of her bag, opening it to show her best friend the words inside. Alya gasped.

"Girl, it's beautiful! Adrien would be crazy to turn you down."

Marinette blushed, looking at the blond head in front of her, who was chatting animatedly with his best friend. "Thanks, Alya." She smiled teasingly. "So, what about you? Got any plans with a special someone?" she said, nodding to Nino.

Alya smiled. "We're going to go find Andre and eat his ice cream in front of the Pont des Arts," she said happily.

"Good luck. Try not to get lost in each other's eyes!" Marinette said teasingly.

Alya responded by playfully whacking her on the arm. "You too, lover girl."

Just then, Ms. Bustier walked in and quieted the room. They started the lesson.

After school, Marinette walked out the front doors. She saw Adrien in the distance, waiting for his limo. She gathered all her courage and started toward him.

As she approached him slowly, she heard a voice. Oh no...

"ADRIKINS!"

Chloe came out of nowhere, knocking Marinette out of the way, and kissed Adrien on the cheek forcefully.

A sudden realization came across Marinette. Adrien already had a valentine... and it was Chloe. She froze on the spot, watching them, and then turned and ran.

She needed to go home, and she didn't stop until she was in her room, whereupon she began sobbing.

Tikki popped out, concerned for her miraculous holder.