Chapter 8

"Mark, what took you so long to get here?" I smirked at him as he signalled over to the scrawny, short boy stood in front of me. He whipped out his pocket knife and wandered over towards me. My attention turned to him as he started to cut the ropes around my arms and legs.
"I see you're still surprising members with drills like that." I rubbed my wrists from where the ropes had been rubbing against my raw flesh.

"Ever since you stepped down as leader, I vowed to take your place to support all of these outcasts." He passed me my signature black beanie with a red skull and cross bones painted on the front.
"Eddie has been training hard in self defence in case he needs it to fight back against the Raging Bulls or Blazers."he pointed towards the unfamiliar face of the short boy that untied me.

"No one's going to come after any of us. All of that is left behind up in Lancashire. We'll be protected down here. I tricked Reece into thinking we had to stay here with the help of Mum and Dad. We aren't going anywhere for a while. Not until we sort out a plan." I swung my arm around the shoulders of the new member.
"No one's going to hurt you here. Welcome to the Sleepless. A selective group of individuals that have been outcasted by friends and family due to societal views and expectations. I see Mark has already given you your honorary pocket knife." I pointed to the knife in his hands and he nodded.

"I've already set up a camp for all of you. However, not knowing when you sneaky bastards were going to come it's not fully finished yet." I lead the gang to the campaign that I had set up in a field that was not far from the destination we were at.

When we reached the hideaway point of the Sleepless I grabbed a first aid kit and sorted out the gash on my jaw before helping any other member that I had beat up.

"So, we're here what's your plan for us now?" Mark asked, he folded his muscly arms, showing off his tattoo sleeves all over his arms. He took a seat on a log as a ginger haired girl with her hair up in a ponytail used her signature knife to create a spark with a stone. A spark flew from the metal and set a fire to the variations of twigs and sticks that were piled up in the centre.

"Don't worry I have a plan for us. For now just try and keep a low profile, we don't want the Raging Bulls or the Blazers to come looking for us. We don't want what happened to Annie to happen to any of us because we were careless." I stated back and he nodded. Everyone was settling down on various logs with fires blazing in front of them. We were cooking various sausages and burgers to eat and everyone was laughing and having the time of their lives.

My phone started ringing and I stared at the illuminating screen to see Reece's name flash up before getting up and walking away from the group as I clicked "accept".

"Hello. Reece?"

"Mel, where are you?" He asked on the other line of the phone.

"I'll be back soon I'm just out ok?"

"We're all heading to the cinema in a minute hurry up and get home." And with that he hung up the phone. I made my way back towards the gang.

"I have to go now my brother's taking me to the cinema. Don't get into any trouble, we don't know this area." I told them and a few of them mumbled and groaned. Mark nodded towards me as if to say 'I'll look after them'.

I rushed back towards Blake's house and pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time. 7:55pm. I was just about to open the door when Reece opened it.

"We were just about to come out and find you, I rung you 20 minutes ago."

"I got here as fast as I could!" I replied breathlessly.
"I was further away than I thought." I looked back over to the bush I came through in the distance that the Sleepless were all hiding out a few yards behind.

"Where did you get the hat? Haven't seen you wear it in a while." His voice was low and almost like he was fed up.

"I lost it. I found it before I went out." I lied.

"Hey. I like the hat." Blake came bouncing out with his water bottle in his hand.

"Thanks." I smiled towards him and Reece just gave us both a look before ushering George out of the building.

"So what are we watching?" I asked excitedly as we all hopped inside Blake's sister's car.

"Dead pool 2" George shouted excitedly as he made his way into the back.

Authors note:

Not proof read so I'm really sorry if there are an spelling mistakes. I will go back and change any mistakes later.