Chapter 18-Decisions

Play song above
Ocean- Martin Garrix ft Khalid

It has been a couple of months since Jana and Daniel met. Jana is always at the house hanging out even when the boy's arent here. She comes because she wants to hang out with me and get to know me and it's not like I'm going to turn her down. I wouldn't do that just because I'm jealous. She is so sweet though. She has a huge heart and she speaks her mind, but not in a bad way. No wonder Daniel likes her, I would too.

I shut the door to my room and walked downstairs to see the boys rushing around the house, including Jana.

"What are you guys doing?"

"We are late!" I heard Zach yell

"Late to what?"

"We have to go shoot a music video" Daniel yelled running into the kitchen

"Oh my god, let me guess. Zach thought he would have enough time to do his hair if he slept in for a couple more minutes?"

"Hey! I thought my calculations were correct"

"I bet," I said rolling my eyes

I turned around and walked into the kitchen. I turned on the tea kettle and sat on the counter staring out the window.

Daniel and I haven't talked much lately. We will have a conversation here and there but we arent close anymore. Ever since that night, we drifted apart. It sucks because I love him so much and It's been so awkward for us and honestly, I'm kind of tired of it.

I jumped off of the counter and walked into the living room to see him running around like a chicken with is head cut off.

"Hey, Dani?"

he stopped and turned around and looked confused.

"yeah?"

"Can I talk to you really fast?"

"I'm kind of busy right now," he said trying to avoid conversation but I didn't care.

"I know but it won't take that long"

he looked at the boys and back at me.

"Sure," he said letting out a sigh.

He followed me into the other room.

"I'm just going to jump right into it. You are my best friend in the whole entire world but it just doesn't feel like it anymore. Ever since that night, we have been really distant and I things are just so awkward. We are best friends, it shouldn't be like this."

he took a deep breath and looked at me.

"I know, you are my best friend and we shouldn't be acting like this. We should be able to have a regular conversation without it being awkward. I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. I was being selfish"

I looked at him and smiled. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug.

"I've missed this."

"Daniel, let's go!" I heard all of the boys yell.

"Coming!" he yelled into the other room. "I will see you later"

He walked into the other room and I felt a weight of relief come off of my shoulders.

I started to hear the loud whistle from my tea kettle and I ran into the kitchen to turn off the stove.

For the rest of the day, I sat around on the couch watching tv until I got a text from Chris.

Chris