Chapter 21- New Ending

Play song above 
CAROUSEL-Aries 

Daniel's POV

I woke up with the feeling of regret. I should've at least listened to what she had to say. I didn't have to forgive her or anything, I should've just heard her out.

I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand and walked downstairs. I don't know what it was but it's like the house was a ghost town. It was silent and I felt like something was missing.

I walked into the kitchen and I stead of being faced with Mia every morning, I was faced with the boys, aspen, and David.

"Hey guys," I said grabbing a water out of the fridge.

"Hey...?" jack said surprised

"Whats up with you?" I asked confused

Jack looked at the guys and back at me confused.

"Nothing. How are you?"

"I'm fine. You guys are acting weird" I pointed out being confused on why they were all being secretive.

"No, we aren't. You are!" Zach pointed out

"Oh my gosh. Anyways, do you guys know where Mia is?"

They all looked at each other and back at me not saying anything.

"Um, can you get my phone off of my nightstand, please. I left it there." Jonah asked me. 

"Sure"

I walked up the stairs of the quiet house. I walked past my room then Mia's but stopped when I noticed there was nothing in her room. I pushed the door open all the way and saw it was empty. Like she had moved out. I walked in to notice that the only thing left was a letter that said

Daniel

I grabbed the letter and opened it up throwing the trash on the bed.

Dear Daniel,
I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I don't expect you to finish reading this, I don't expect you to forgive me after this and I don't even expect you to open this but I'm still going to write this, for us.

I sat on the bed getting ready to read the double-sided letter.

This whole thing is my fault and it started because of me. That night when you confessed your feelings to me all I wanted to do was jump in your arms and live happily ever after but I couldn't. I was too worried about how my actions would affect Chris so I didn't and instead I ruined our friendship forever. Ever since that day, I have regretted not jumping into your arms and kissing you because then we wouldn't have had to worry about the stuff that has been happening. When you first introduced me to Jana, I was heartbroken but I didn't show it. All I wanted was for you to be happy and I wasn't going to let the jealousy get the best of me and I tried my best to push my feelings aside for you to be happy. I tried to avoid you as much as possible. When I went on my last date with Chris he knew something was wrong and I told him it was because of you. I told him that I still have feelings for you and I will never be able to stop. You are the love of my life, not some middle school crush. He told me to go after you, so I did. I ran home and I looked all over the house for you but I didn't see you until I looked in the backyard and I saw you kissing Jana. I was broken and I gave up. I thought I had nothing to lose anymore. I lost my parents, I lost my life, my family, my friends and now, I lost you. All of the sudden a whole other person took over my body and I turned into the devil, I pushed everyone away by taking my anger out on them, including you. I let my jealousy get the best of me and I hurt the ones I loved the most, and because of that, David made me leave. If I couldn't fix the situation between us I would have to leave and that is what happened. Overall, I'm sorry about everything. I love you so much and I will never stop. Bye Daniel.