Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I called Niall yesterday and told him I have to reschedule with him. Now Charlie is going to come over at the same time Niall is teaching me. Sunday is my new session. Charlie and I are both studying music except she plays piano. I think it will be a good mix together.

Today is Saturday and I am currently sitting at a very "famous" ball. It is really boring. My father says I can't leave until The Hemmings' arrive and I say "Hi". I think he wants to set me up with Luke Hemmings. It's annoying how he always does this.

At least I have had a crush on Luke for a while. He seems normal, but formal like me. We use to hang out a lot, but then both out parents became too competitive and I moved. Now my Dad and his Dad are business partners.

Luke is the typical rebel, but in the end I think he is a going to obey his Dad and keep his company. He has the same hair as Niall. But his is more of a dirty blonde and a higher quiff than Niall. He has an amazing lip piercing which I love. I remember his Dad's face when he saw the piercing. I smiled at the thought.

Suddenly someone stands in front of me. Long legs, I use to call him. "Care for a dance?" The person asks in his Australian accent.

"My dress is annoying and itchy so I am not so sure." I say looking up and meeting two pairs of blue eyes.

"Oh. Well our parents will kill us if we don't at least have one dance together." He tells me and I finally smile (real for once) .

"Wow. Very nice pick up line," I say and he laughs," but okay Long Legs..."

He holds out his hand and I take it. Out of the corner of my eye I see my Dad nodding approvingly to me.

We dance to the music and finally it ends. I head for the table, but Luke grabs my hand. "I am supposed to take you to the balcony and give you something." He says. I nod and he guides me still holding my hand.

We finally arrive at the balcony and Luke turns to me. He is still holding my hand. He brings out a box and opens it with his thumb and there is a golden necklace is it. Without one word from me he stands behind me and puts it on.

I thank him and we just sit there catching up on everything. He used to have a girlfriend, but he left her for someone else. I wonder who that other person is. I can't help but feel a bit jealous. I kind of still like him a little.

~~~~~~

I woke up at 7:00 in the morning and looked around my room. Luke is in the guest room. I hope he won't feel bad I left him there. But what was I supposed to do? Let him sleep with me in the same bed when there is a perfect bed upstairs?! No.

I go downstairs and find Luke eating pancakes. His suit is all wrinkled.

"Hello Lucas." My father says from behind me.

"Hello Mr. Minte. I hope you don't mind that I stayed here for the night in the guest room." Luke says and looks at me and smiles then back at my father.

"Nonsense, Lucas. We have seven of them, so one in use is fine. Stay as long as you want, but I must head for my meeting for 9:00." He kisses my forehead and leaves.

"Hey, sleepy head." Luke says to me.

"Hey. " I tell him and sit next to him, but wince at the coldness of the metal stool. So I sleep in shorts and tank tops, what else do I do with my life?

We sat and ate pancakes at the island of the kitchen, the marble top, feeling good against my smooth, hot skin.

A knock at the door startles us and we wait for one of the maids to open.

"Hi. Uhm, is Adelaide here?" They ask.

"Yes I will call her-"she is cut off by the person.

"I will just go wait in the studio." The person, I'm guessing my Niall, says.

"Okay." And with that I get off the stool and Luke follows me behind.

We enter the studio and I see Niall playing something on his guitar.

"Hey, Niall. Uhm I have a friend here. Do you mind? He plays guitar too." I say and smile. He looks my body up and down quick then smiles and nods.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We spend hours talking and playing our instruments. We sing, well they sing since they both have amazing voices. I keep catching myself staring at Luke and when I look away so he won't catch me, I find Niall staring at me with a frown. Then he turns it into a smile and keeps singing.

Now Niall has left and Luke and I are watching a scary movie in the theatre. I snuggle a blanket and stare at the screen before I feel an arm wrap around my waist.

"I remember we used to always do this." Luke says suddenly which makes me jump a bit.

"Yes, almost every day. How could I forget it when I did it with you." I say and feel Luke's gaze on me. I lick my lips and drink some soda to make it less awkward after what I said.

I put my head on Luke's shoulder and we watch the movie quietly before it ends and Luke is asleep underneath me, with me being in the middle of his legs and my head on his chest, my body upside down. How did we end up in this position?

I am about to move, but he has a strong arm around my waist so I just lay there and fall asleep.

For some reason I dream about blue eyes staring at me and lips singing words I can't make out, but those lips and blue eyes don't belong to Luke, but they belong to Niall.

~~~~~~~

Please if your reading Vote and comment :)

~Dee