Part 57: Severus's crime in the absence

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction using characters from the Harry Potter world, which is trademarked by J. K. Rowling. This story is purely for entertainment purposes, no money is being made from it.

_____________________

He was waking up slowly, his mind fuzzy and unclear. His leg was in pain, but he had a pillow, and it felt like something was massaging his scalp. He could sleep some more. Remus was not in pain apart from his leg, even after transformation, but he felt drained. A bit more sleep would not harm him until the time comes for someone to unlock the cage. He stretched his arms to scoop the pillow...

His head, the whole upper body flew into the air.

The feeling of the message on his scalp replaced with a painful tug. Managing to stop just before his forehead meet the floor, Remus blinked dozily. His eyes opened wide as he noticed Snape crawling away with a hazy look in his eyes and horror written all over his face. Standing up and shaking the sleepiness Snape gave him one of his scorn gazes mumbling.

"You are naked again..."

"Hardly anything I can do about it after transformation." He smiled.

"Yes." Drawled Snape "May I ask why do you nuzzle your face to my...lap?"

"You make a nice pillow."

"Find another pillow or tree trunk or a chair leg to hump, Lupin." Hissed Snape.

"And I was hoping that we are making a progress." He laughed. "I figure that Henry would mind."

"I am certain that Henry would not mind, one way or another. How is your leg?" Dryly replied Snape with a smirk.

"It hurts, did I mauled it last night?"

"Don't you remember?" Snape's voice had a tilt of concern and he tried to remember what was happening last night. Pictures were blurry.

Friend is unharmed , whispered voice in his head and memories rushed back to him. Snape's face shimmering in front of him while his snout tried to bite him, his mind screaming, not able to control his body.

"Merlin!" He jumped to his feet. "Did I hurt you?"

His throbbing leg didn't give him enough support and he started to slip down. He landed on Snape's hands and nearly chuckled at the surprise on man's face, guessing that catching him was more of an instinct than voluntary reaction.

"Where are your clothes?" Asked Snape in a grumpy voice.

"Clothes?"

"Yes Lupin, clothes. You know, pieces of material to cover your body. I am fairly certain that you owe some. At least a pair of underwear." Drawled Snape.

"I..."

"Lupin, I refuse to put more balm on your leg while you are like this. Furthermore, I do not wish for Albus to barge in and find me holding you...unclothed."

"They are in the iron box." He snickered, the whole situation was amusing.

"Try to find your footing." Grumbled Snape, shifting him so he could lean against the wall. When he had the support of a wall, Snape walked to the box and retrieved his clothes.

"I can put the balm."

"I know, but I have to check on the healing process. Try to remember as much as you can about last night."

"I will do my best. Severus," He paused. "did I...?"

"I am fine Lupin, you didn't scratch or bite me, obviously. Now, put some clothes on. I will contact Albus in the meantime." Sighed Snape and mumbled the password leaving him alone.