:Chapter Sixteen:

[Warning: Language used]

Dogs filled the streets with barks as cats hissed in irritation. Slowly lights opened from houses and complains from people surrounded the area.

I was soon out of breath and my feet started to hurt from all the running. But the male who was chasing me didn't feel anything but irritation. I was actually crying from both fear and tiredness. His eyes shouted kill as he ran faster and faster.

"I'm gonna get you!" He shouted and I squealed in fear as his hands almost got hold of me.

We had this huge chase until we reached an empty playground and stopped to inhale.

He was ready to chase me again when I put a hand up as I took a huge intake of air. "Wait." I wheezed. "I'll just... breathe... Whooo! That was a lot of running."

Haizaki-kun stood properly with his hands on his hips. He took a deep breath and stared straight at the deep blue sky sprinkled with beautiful stars. I stood up properly and looked up.

So how did this happen again?

Remembering now, everything happened right after I followed him home.

"Why the hell are you following me?" He exclaimed then turned around to glare at me. "Again?"

I was silent for a moment, fidgeting my fingers as I stared down. He was getting irritated if he wasn't even irritated earlier. "I'm not following you."

He snickered. "Sure you aren't."

"I was going home."

"This way?"

Nope. I answered inside my head but kept it inside my head and instead answered affirmatively with a nod.

"I don't believe you." He sneered. "I think you live on the other way."

"How'd you know, Haizaki-kun?"

"It's because I watch you, idiot." He spat.

"You watch me? My Haizaki-kun! I never knew you like me like that."

Slowly, blood started to rise inside Haizaki-kun, making his face red but not with embarrassment but with anger. Smoke started to escape through his ears and nostrils. He was getting angrier and angrier by the second until he finally decided to chase me down with the intention of actually hurting me.

Therefore, before he could even get to his running motion, I started to run away from him, escaping from his strong and deadly grasp.

And that was how we started.

There were a lot of complaints from the neighborhood but finally ignored us and just went back sleep.

I was still breathless and it was a good thing Haizaki-kun wasn't ready to grab me by the neck. Or else I'd be dead. Really dead. Though he still had this deadly look―the deadliest look I've ever received or seen.

"Nevermind." He said and I gazed at him with a question mark popping out of mt forehead.

"What do you mean, Haizaki-kun?" I asked.

He just turned around, his back facing me. "I'll just kill you next time."

Then he left.

I was happy that he wasn't going to kill me. But as I watched his back, the relief was suddenly replaced by the saddness that his back was radiating. His back said everything he couldn't and it even made me more curious of the ash-head.