:Chapter Thirty:

The moment I reached home, there was a very familiar black car parked in front of our house. I could feel the intense beating of my heart and the unlimited formation of sweat on my forehead. I don't know if I'll just enter like a boss or wait for the boss to exit the stronghold. But all I know is I'm scared.

I inched closer to my house, deciding to just face the devil incarnate. And once I did, I won't ever get out of that house alive. But there's a chance I can because I have my sister to protect me. I opened the gate, and it made a sound. I cringe but it seems no one heard it. I slowly inched closer to the door and finally held the knob. I slowly turned the knob then opened the door. No one was at the door the moment I opened it. They were all in the living room.

What was good about the structure about our house was that there were wall separating every room. Therefore there's also a wall that hides me from the eyes of the demon. I crept to the stairs and prayed no one would come out of the living room as I went to my room, making sure not to create a sound. But the moment I was midway through, I heard speaking coming out of the living room. I panic and froze. I wanted to rush but my feet were glued and I can't move them.

"I expected that, you being the eldest, keep tract of your sister's whereabouts." A stern voice said, "It's not becoming of a young lady her age to still be out at this hour."

Since my eyes were not on the living room's entrance, I could just imagine my sister bowing her head low to a devil like that man with her voice ever so soft. "I apologize for my lack of guidance. I'm sure to do a proper job next time, father."

I rolled my eyes.

That was when I felt three pairs of eyes on me that made me move from where I was frozen. The icy look of what they call my father, his secretary, and my older sister were on me as I gave my sister an apologetic look.

"Good to see you decided to come home, Koki." My father said with displease clearly written on his face. "I had just reprimanded your sister about your recent activities as of late. And to punish you, I will not send your weekly allowance for a month."

I had my hands instantly form fist at what he said. Though we could survive without needing anything from him, just the thought of my sister working hard at work made my blood boil in anger for a man who I never thought of as my father ever since that day. He's making her work hard for something that she didn't do.

"Father," I started, landing on the last step of the stairs, "if you want to punish me, don't involve nee-chan. I was the one who was at fault. Please--"

"If it wasn't for this attitude, you could have been living in luxury." He turned around, his icy gaze lingering for a moment, "It's your fault that you got your sister dragged into your stupidity. The moment I lost track of your activities, here you are going home late. The moment what you had been doing, I'll be tearing down that building."

What does he mean by building? Does he think I've been going into night bars or I've been hanging out with dangerous people? I had been doing my best for the basketball team and this is what he thinks of me? First of, he had no idea what I have been truly doing since he's busy with work. How can he conclude I had been partying and drinking? And in my uniform?

"Father," I started again, this time anger slowly enveloping my heart, "I had been busy with school lately. Please do not assume I had been a bad--"

"You've always been a bad girl, Koki." He said as his secretary opened the door. Before he could step out, he glanced at me, staring at me with his two icy eyes. "Don't disappoint me anymore."

The the silent shut of the door made me land on my bottom, panting for air as the anger that started to boil inside me almost went into a rampage.

I felt the gentle hands of my sister around me, the continuous flow of tears flooded her eyes as I stared at the door with anger, annoyance, and sadness.