Hopeless

I saw you the first day of high school Freshman, you were different. I saw you in that JROTC room, I remember that day like it was yesterday I was ditching in that room while you were paying attention to the general. I would sit in the back gazing off thinking that guy was the one for me... I remember the bell ring for lunch I left the room after you, but then Jose came inside knocking some sense into me. I remember him saying "that guy is no good for you you're stupid to fall for him" I still didn't know his name I was determined to find out. Jose punched my arm as soon as that idea came into my head. The bell rang and we had to go back to class, but I was very determined to find out before the end of the day what his name was. I saw him walking to the gym lockers luckily I had gym too. I changed it to me gym clothes, anf given up on the idea of finding out his name. Walking to class I turned around and there he was; this guy that I had fantasize me  for over 3 months; yes I had kept count finally I was going to ask him what his name was I walked over slowly very nervously. He was by himself he sat down on the bench, I took a deep breath and walk the other way I didn't have the courage to ask him so I did what any logical teenager at that moment would do... I asked  one of his bestfriend;  Andy finally told me what it was... Myles Rodríguez! after a while I was talking to Andy I decided to leave class and go eat something with my friends... we came back when school ended I went to this program called ARC. Myles was there I sat on the couch reading my book ignoring everything and everyone around me. I laid down on the couch forgetting that the words even the world around me my book had taken the best of me.