1492

After Caroline decided to leave she made sure she went unknown. She still had the moon stone along with her son. She let Maximus grow up and made him a vampire as well. She didn't want to go on without him. She found the Mikaelsons, well minus Finn because he got daggered a while ago but she watched them from a distance. She knew that Klaus wanted to break the curse. You needed a vampire, werewolf, the moonstone, and the doppleganger. Caroline found out that Katerina Petrova was the doppleganger of Tatia Petrova. Klaus only needed the moonstone to complete the ritual.

"I need the stone and that will be it" Klaus said to his siblings.

"Where did you have the moonstone last?" Rebekah asked.

"I had it back when we turned into vampires, then I must have dropped it and haven't seen it sense" Klaus grew mad.

"Really Nik?" Kol cut in.

"Yes Kol!" Klaus groaned.

Caroline who was listening to the conversation grinned. She went towards the castle and compelled one of the human maids. She then handed her the stone and went back to where she was before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Klaus got interrupted by one of his maids.

"What do you want Annie?" Klaus looked at her.

"I was told to give this too you" she said in a daze.

She handed Klaus the moonstone and him and his siblings were in confusion.

"She's been compelled" Elijah cutted in.

"Leave Annie" Klaus demanded.

Annie did as she was told and left. Klaus turned to his siblings.

"Well the ritual can happen tomorrow as planned" Caroline smiled and left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next night came and Katerina was going to where Klaus asked her to meet him. Caroline got in front of her.

"Hello Katerina" Caroline said.

"Who are you?" asked Katerina scared.

Caroline bit into her wrist and forced it into Katerina's mouth. When the other girl had enough Caroline pulled it out and wiped Katerina's mouth. Caroline then compelled her to forget and to go where she was supposed to go and know where else. Caroline then disappeared into the night. Caroline went to the ritual site and went into a distance. She saw a witch there along with a vampire named Trevor and a werewolf. Katerina showed up and the ritual began. Klaus's siblings stood on the side lines and watched their brother break his curse. Caroline watched as well and a half hour later the curse was broken. Klaus transformed into a werewolf and his siblings were proud. They followed Klaus as Klaus ran off into the night. Caroline jumped down and grabbed Katerina and disappeared.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katerina woke up and gasped for air.

"Where am I?" she asked scared.

"You're at my home with my son and I" Caroline looked at Maximus while he slept.

"I'm supposed to be dead" Katerina said to Caroline.

"Yes you should be but I fed you vampire blood and when Klaus killed you, you came back a vampire" Caroline simply shrugged.

"Why?" Katerina asked.

"No questions but you must feed on human blood to complete the transition" Caroline went to her room and came back with a human. She handed the girl to Katerina and Katerina drank.

When Katerina was finished she grew fangs and Caroline handed her a bracelet.

"It helps you walk in the sun, you and I will be amazing partners Katerina" Caroline grinned. Katerina put on the bracelet and looked at Caroline.

"What's going to happen to me?" Katerina asked.

"Nothing if you stick with me, when you're ready you are to go on by yourself if you wish" Caroline explained to Katerina.

"Why did you save me" Katerina asked again confused.

"Because I knew someone years and years ago, her name was Tatia Petrova and she looked like you, when vampires were created the witch that made Klaus and his family into vampires used Tatia, that's why your blood is the key to breaking the curse. Every 500 years a new doppleganger will be created. I've sworn to Tatia that I would protect her family line, even the dopplegangers. I know you had a daughter but she must be kept a secret, my son and I must be a secret because I don't want the originals to know I got turned and is running around free right under their noses" Caroline explained to her.

"I will keep your secret" Katerina owed her.

"You must be a secret as well Katerina" Caroline exclaimed.

"I will Caroline. Don't worry" Katerina nodded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days later Caroline watched as Klaus and his siblings atempted to make hybrids but they either died during the transition or they got killed by Klaus and his siblings. Klaus grew pissed that it wasn't working. Caroline knew why but she wasn't going to say a word. She left the scene and went home where Katerina and Maximus were.

"We must leave" Caroline said to them.

"Okay" Katerina said and Maximus nodded in agreement.

They fled that night and kept running until they were far away from the originals as possible.