2012

Caroline and Maximus have been watching over Elena and her family. After Caroline and Maximus saved Elena and her father from the car but when they got to the mother she was already gone. Caroline enrolled Maximus and herself into school. Caroline was visited by Grayson and John Gilbert.

"Hello" Caroline let them enter.

"Hello, we just wanted to know why you saved my daughter and I?"

"I may be an old vampire but my humanity is still on" Caroline exclaimed.

"But why?" John cutted in.

"I was around when the original vampires were. I grew up with them and one of them is the father of my son Maximus and when they got turned they fled after their father killed the mother. When they were created the mother Esther used the blood of Tatia Petrova, Elena is the doppleganger to Tatia, I promised Tatia I would do everything in my power to protect her family and I did" Caroline said to them.

"Thank you" Grayson thanked.

"You're welcome but I need this to be kept secret, the originals don't know that I am alive, they think I died and they don't know about Maximus. They won't know I am alive until they go after Elena and I show up to protect her" Caroline explained.

"Your secret is safe with us" Grayson agreed.

They left and Caroline turned to her son.

"Remember, I am your sister Caroline to everyone else, but I am your mother in front of certain people" Caroline said.

"I know mother" Maximus nodded.

Caroline nodded. Caroline left for senior prank night while Maximus stayed in watching television.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caroline arrived at the school and sensed something was off. She went in and got closer to the gym when she looked in and saw Klaus, Kol, Rebekah, and Elijah in there with Elena and Bonnie. Caroline mentally cursed. She went around to the other side and saw Rebekah in front of Elena. Caroline got ready into attack position. When Rebekah made a move to attack Elena, Caroline speed in there and pushed her. Elijah, Kol, Klaus, and Rebekah were in shock.

"Caroline?" Kol managed to speak.

"Hello Kol" Caroline looked at him.

"How are you alive?" Elijah asked.

"A bitch named Mary Porter turned me" Caroline said to him.

"Caroline!" Rebekah squealed.

"Why were you all about to harm Elena?" Caroline asked.

"How come you didn't find us?" Kol asked.

"I did, who do you think gave Annie the moonstone?" Caroline asked.

"You had it?" Klaus asked.

"Yup, some little girl had it and I fed on her and grabbed the moonstone" Caroline explained. "Now why were you about to harm Elena?" Caroline asked again.

"I want to make more hybrids" Klaus said.

"Ah, so you know that the blood of the doppleganger is the key to making hybrids" Caroline nodded.

"Of course you know" Klaus glared.

"Yes I do, now I made a deal with Tatia that I would protect her family, so I can't let you take blood from Elena" Caroline said to them.

"Caroline-" Caroline cut Klaus off.

"Nope" Caroline grabbed Bonnie and Elena and flashed them out of there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caroline brought them to Elena's house and she went back to where she lived. She found Maximus asleep in his room and heard a knock. She walked downstairs and then stopped. She turned around and the originals were there.

"Hm, not surprised you found me" Caroline said.

"You stole my doppleganger" Klaus told her.

"I tend to do things" Caroline shrugged. "Like before the ritual I fed Katerina well now Katherine my blood to turn her into a vampire" Caroline grinned.

"Caroline!" Klaus growled.

"What?" Caroline looked at him innocently.

Klaus flashed in front of her and Caroline grinned to him.

"What are you going to do? Kill me? If you do you'll never meet your nephew" Caroline said to him.

"What?" Klaus asked confused.

"Kol and I made love where the humans would turn into werewolfs and I found out that I was pregnant by him after you all fled from town" Caroline smirked.

"Why didn't you make yourself seen?" Kol cut in now.

"Didn't want to" Caroline said to him.

"Where is he?" Kol asked.

Caroline walked upstairs and they followed her up. Caroline turned to them when she reached Maximus's room.

"I turned him when he turned 16, his name is Maximus, and he has mine and Kol's features" Caroline explained.

Caroline opened the door and sat on the bed next to a sleeping Maximus. The originals walked in and saw that he did look like both Caroline and Kol. Maximus sensed someone and laid on his back and opened his eyes.

"Sh, it's okay" Caroline sensed him worried about her.

"Mom?" Maximus wiped his eyes.

"I need you to get up for a second" Caroline said to him.

Maximus sensed someone else in the room and turned to the originals and he used his vampire speed to get up off the bed.

"What are you doing in here?" Maximus remembered him and his mother always following them.

"Maximus, this is Rebekah, Klaus, Elijah, and Kol. Kol is your father" Caroline said to him.

Maximus looked at his mom then at Kol. Kol looked at him back and gave a small smile to his son.

"Why did you keep me from him mother?" Maximus looked at Caroline.

"They weren't supposed to know that I was alive and protecting the Petrova line" Caroline explained to her son.

"We should have lunch tomorrow?" Kol looked at his son.

"I'll think about it" Maximus crossed his arms over his chest.

"If you change your mind I'll be at the grill at noon" Kol said.

Maximus just simply stared. Kol left with his siblings seconds later. Maximus laid back down in his bed and Caroline left to her room. 'Tonight was a bust' she thought.