Chapter 1

"Don't be so sour, B. Come on." I rolled my eyes at her attempt to make me give in.  April, my room mate, was excited. Beyond that, actually. We'd been room mates since I started college, and now me being 21 and her being 27, she was at the top of her popularity. Her friends from Australia and her brother, Calum, were coming over , and she wanted me to be there to witness that. The reason why escaped my mundane knowledge.

"I've never even gotten along with them in the first place," I whined. That answer earned me a pillow to my face. "Oh! It's the truth." I threw the purple pillow back at her, failing my aim.

"Yes," She complained, her eyes looking around my room trying to find her heels. "That was because the last time you saw them you were eighteen. A child."

"So? They're two years older than me. And you know how much I hate people," I replied, standing up from  my place in the small couch that I had no idea how we'd managed to get inside my room.

"Got them!" She shouted, her red lips retreating in a smirk. "I don't want to leave you here alone, whining."

"Of course you don't, which is why I'll be fine," I reassured. "I have some things to catch up on either way."

"What will it take for you to come with me?" She begged, slipping on the shoes and turning to me. Her hair fell in dramatic waves across her shoulders, and her jeans paired with a sleeveless purple top made her look older than she really was.

"Don't start, April," I said. I knew that when she really, really  wanted to, she was always able to make me give in. She knew how to make me say yes, and that was how my soft spot for her worked.

"Pretty please?" She asked, batting her eye lashes at me. "It's been three years. Luke is 23, maybe you'll get off with him. And they've matured."

"What about Ashton?" He was the one that I liked the most.

"Nah, he's 25. Too old for you," She complained, her eyes falling to me. "Will you go if you get something in exchange?"

"Maybe," I said, pretending to think about it.

Sighing, she took out a small wallet she kept always on her, grabbing two twenties and passing them to me. "Is that enough?"

"Fourty pounds? Are you nuts? I don't want them!" I whined, pushing the money away. "You really want me to go that badly, huh?"

With her make up that was natural but still stunning (aside from the lips, of course) and her brown hair falling, she looked almost angelic. "I really do."

"Where are you meeting them again?" I asked. That was it. Even though I wasn't as ecstatic about the idea, I was going. She'd gotten her way once again.

"The burger place twenty minutes from here."

"Are you driving?" I said as I stood up.

"If you're going, then yes," She said, her eyes following my move.

"Okay then. Do I need to get changed?" Please say no.

"Nope," She began. "It's something casual." Which made sense. She wore high heels everywhere, and the outfit was normal for a chill weather in London. I was wearing a random hoodie and leggings. Nothing special.

"Okay," I said, doing a one last glance at the mirror in front of the small bathroom. "How do I look?"

"You have a doll face, but you've always known that." I rolled her eyes at the compliment. Sure, I had a pale but not too pale skin, black hair down to my butt and wasn't thin but not thick. I was pretty average. Brown eyes, and five foot tall made it to be pretty normal.