Chapter 3

Adolf started walking to his quarters after Antonio and Wac had sobered up enough to be on lookout when he heard some sobbing coming from a corner of the room. when he walked over, he saw Eva sitting in the corner crying into her coat as he kept hearing her mumble incomprehensible words as she cried. He walked over and sat down next to her and put his hand on her shoulder in his best attempt to comfort her.

"Why did they have to leave me all alone, what did I do wrong? I just wanted to live a happy life with my family."

Adolf pulled the crying Eva close to him so she was crying into his shoulder, he didn't mind, but he could smell the faint scent of alcohol. She was probably drunk and rendering her past, she just kept crying for a while and eventually looked up with tears still in her eyes.

"Captain, thank you so much, you were always so kind to me when even my family didn't want me and you gave me a whole new family that loved me and cared about me, it means so much" she mumbled as she put her head into his shoulder again.

Adolf gently put his hand on her back in his best attempt to help her through this since he knew what it felt like to not be wanted by anybody and to be given up at a moments notice. He wrapped his arms gently around Eva and just held her close while she let out all her pain, he let her get it out of her, everyone on annex 1 had skeletons in their closet and she was no exception, coming from controlling parents who sold her off as soon as their company went bankrupt, he could relate and right now just wanted to help her get it all out of her system.

After Eva had eventually stopped crying and seemed to calm down, adolf helped her get to her bunk since she was still wasted and had a hard time standing up, after they got to her bunk he set a glass of water next to the bed to help her with the hangover that would come soon, right as he was turning around to make sure that Eva was okay before he left, he felt a pair of lips press into him and his eyes widened in surprise as Eva passionately kissed him and it shocked him for a moment before he gave into his feelings and started to kiss back, and when they broke the kiss she was staring right at him with a smile.

"I'm so happy I got to show you how I feel before it was too late, ever since the incident in the valley, I know our lives could end anytime and I just couldn't bear not showing you how I felt"

Adolf was still shocked at what had transpired and slowly walked to his own room with a shocked expression and a hint of pink on his cheeks.

After the shocking events that had happened, Adolf went over to a corner of the ship and mulled over what had just happened. He started to feel insecure and distraught about what he had done. Negative thoughts filled his head as he thought back to what had happened last time this had happened, and how he had lost the little that he had ever really had.
'I should never have done that, there is no way anyone can genuinely love a monster like me, I can't let that happen to me again, never again.'

The next morning when he woke up, he got up early and relieved wac and Antonio and kept watch for awhile to try to clear his thoughts, which was hard as his mind was still racing at what happened last night.

After a couple of hours, the crew started walking out and getting ready for another day of travel. They started moving along the terrain towards the annex 1 when they received a communication from the Japan group to any active rovers to meet up at specific coordinates prior to meeting at annex 1. Adolf considered it and changed their course to the rendezvous point since he figured there was safety in numbers and a better chance of surviving an attack with the high number of combat bases on the Japan team. As Adolf was driving, he made eye contact with Eva for a second then looked away quickly with his face heating up as he remembered last night's activities.