Chapter 5

Hey guys, I'm taking a little creative liberty here to keep the plot going since a lot of how terraformars was able to stay so long on a 1 day span for season one is the four or five different perspectives they spread the episodes over and all the backstory but since I have neither, I gotta improvise a little, I will try my best to still stay true to the story but I don't want to go too far past the anime for fans who don't read the manga.

After a couple of hours, Adolf walked back to the bridge and didn't say a word, he just walked up and relieved mirapix from driving the rover and started speeding across the rocky highlands en route to the annex 1, not a word was said between anyone. The rover continued on for hours until they what they had been searching for, the crash site of the bugs 2 ship. Adolf motioned then forward while he led the way and it he was exploring the interior of the ship, and his suspicions were confirmed, there were terraformar eggs covering the interior of the ship but they were discolored and he checked he storage room to see the case full of the additional base specimens that were included in the bugs 2 operation, hey had been specifically requested by komachi as a backup plan 20 years ago Incase all else failed, they were experimental bases which in theory could be combined with someone who had already undergone the bugs surgery to give them the powers of an additional base for a limited time, similar to how akari and Michelle possessed two bases, this serum would allow any normal crew member to inherit another base temporarily.

However, the vials were extremely experimental and the terraformars had overrun the ship before any of the crew could grab them since they had an extremely strong case which was completely destroyed and the vials were on the floor empty. Adolf looked at the discolored eggs and knew they had been injected with the serum, and due to the high adaptability of the terraformar DNA, it had probably already seamlessly melded into the DNA if the eggs. However, before he could tell his crew to destroy the eggs, he saw terraformars starting to surround the ship and he only had a small window left to escape so he pushed his entire crew to run through the small gap with himself and Isabella transforming and protecting them as they got inside the rover. They both prepared to fight until they heard a loud cracking and saw five altered looking terraformars walk out of the ship, they all looked like the terraformars that had bugs surgery abilities and he also saw a roach that reminded him of the one at the valley, it had a single mark on its head and didn't seem as intelligent as the previous one, but dangerous nonetheless as he rallied he newborn terraformars to him and proceeded to organize the remaining ones to start forming an almost army-like formation and they started attacking in droves, with only adolf and Isabella to defend the rover. However, since Adolf was at his peak performance, the terraformars were having a hard time even getting close, and any ones that did were promptly destroyed by Isabella's explosive power.

Adolf was throwing knives left and right until he saw something out of the corner of his eye and ducked out of the way just in Time, one of the mutated terraformars, has extremely large wings and compound eyes. It made pass after pass, attacking from the air at blinding speeds.

The terraformars base was the dragonfly: clocking in at an alarming 35 miles per hour, or 554,400 times its length. It is the fastest in the insect world, at a human scale, for an average human of 5'5" it would travel at a whopping 568.75 miles per hour, making it one of the fastest in the animal kingdom.

The terraformar was diving over and over from every direction, with Adolf barely being able to dodge out of the way and his knives being far too slow to have any effect. Isabella was having slightly better luck due to her base's mobility but even she was having trouble keeping track of the terraformar whose movements were almost invisible to the human eye. For one split second, she saw he terraformar coming straight at her and as fast as she could, she shot out her foot, only to miss as it flew before she could make contact. Adolf was more focused on the still pressing army of terraformars and left the mutated one to Isabella.