Chapter Six - Satisfied

The sun is almost down and I'm already passing through the sidewalk where our house is just a few blocks away. The neighborhood's not jam-packed with people, as usual, but there are still some few. Although I may not know most people here except Zeke and his family, I could still recognize many faces that I come across with. Just like that old lady slowly walking with her walking stick on the other side of the street. That lady has her own elegant garden in her huge home and she grew lots of plants like vines, orchards, roses, and many more. I bet if she and Granny meet, they'll immediately become friends. I also recognize the two couples who just passed by, jogging together. I like how their body-built looks like and you can really say that they work hard for it; I always see them jog at nightfall. I finally reached the area where the basketball court is. I could hear shoutings, whistles, and dribbling sounds. There's a game - the juniors. I recognize some kids who I always see playing like almost everyday. I can see that they play pretty well. But I'm still not interested with it.

As I turned a corner, a sudden BANG frightened me. I jumped off. Then I see a garbage can that fell off. There was a swirling sound as the lid goes off and rolls across the street. It was the cats. I checked it and see them, feeding on the junks inside and littering the area. Gross. I gave them a roll in the eyes. I just feel like kicking them away or like throwing hot water on them so they'd be gone but I'm not brave enough since I have phobias on them. So I made my distance.

Finally, I reached home. Our house is a huge, beige, brick-built house. Granny bought that house long before. People was really astounded by it because they say that's one of the expensive lots. Well, not because I wanted to boast about it, but I guess Granny could really afford it since she has this boquoet shop of her own, Martha and Rick's. It has been a successful and now well-known shop. It has been named after hers and Grandpa's.  Actually, the shop all started when they met. You know, the same old love stories about guys giving flowers to ladies. Everybody knows that. And yeah. So the shop used to be lively, but not until Granda passed away, coincidencially because also of a car crash. But it's still running up to now. Granny didn't allow Granpa's death to stop it. She says that if she'd stop it, it's the same thing as ending their love for one another. Geeesh. So although Grandpa may no long be with us, the shop will still go on. And besides, Granny still also has a reason, which is me.

I then passed through the path leading to our backyard. I secured the bike in the garage and went  through the back door. As I get in, I see Granny washing the dishes.

"Oh sweetheart, your home!" her dulcet voice welcomed me. She looks her typical happy self which is nice.

"Hey Granny," I said warmly aprroaching to kiss her on the cheek. Then I passed across the kitchen and went to the living room to drop my bag.

"So Granny, what's for dinner?" I pounded my whole weight to the couch and turned on the TV.

"I just made my plain old recipe of the baked ravioli and added chili dogs..."

"Oooh, sounds great." I slouched as I stretched myself in a lousy but comfortable position. I then grabbed the remote, switching channels to find something interesting.

"Oh, and...I even made some frozen lemonade with blackberry puree for you to drink. Well it's not that I want to replace your all-time favorite fresh honey lemonade...oh and," she babbled. "and even your favorite chili dogs...Well...Ugh."

"Sweeeet," I whistled to make her not feel insecure. Yup. 'Cause I think she finally figured out that I'm having a hard time when she does all the cooking and stuff. Okay. To be straightforward. She. Can't. Be. A. Cook. "Seems like my Granny's leveling up," but I said instead.

"Oh stop it you!" she chuckled and turned red. Wow, that's how easy she gets flattered. Mental face palm.

"No yeah, seriously," I tilted my head as my gaze is still stuck on the TV, trying to find something interesting to watch. "It's great, great. Superb actually," I babble. I even forced I gritted smile.